Media Day 2021 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Media Day 2021

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
For those of you that cannot read Instagramish.

media_mirror_mirror.jpg

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Who got the doo first, Amari or Azzi? Inquisitive minds want to know? Gosh, now we're talking about hair doos! Let the games begin.

Reaction Score
Saylor looks SO different, but then again I only saw her on TV, and since she didn't play a whole lot of minutes not a lot of close ups.
Of course, when they are "game mode", no make-up, all business.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
NO!! NO!! NO!!
This is all wrong!
Nika is NOT supposed to look like she belongs on the cover of Vogue.
Nika should have a black eye and scraped knees and elbows.
Nika should have a snotty,belligerent expression on her face.
You know, like, "WHO SAID YOU COULD PLAY ON MY COURT??!!"
If it helps, I hear some of those Vogue models can throw a good right hook (or something similar). ;)

Reaction Score
NO!! NO!! NO!!
This is all wrong!
Why can’t she do both? You can be pretty and be a beast on the court.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
For those of you that cannot read Instagramish.

View attachment 70141
I just noticed that Saylor and Amari are wearing shorter trunks than CD and Azzi, which appear to be mid thigh. Will the strict UConn uniform code allow for choice of short length? Or do Saylor and Amari have their shirts untucked with their shorts hiked up to thir belly buttons?

Reaction Score
I just noticed that Saylor and Amari are wearing shorter trunks than CD and Azzi, which appear to be mid thigh. Will the strict UConn uniform code allow for choice of short length? Or do Saylor and Amari have their shirts untucked with their shorts hiked up to thir belly buttons?
Well, Saylor does have real long legs....

Reaction Score
And yet she's the shortest one in the picture. Look how much bigger Azzi is compared to her.
That’s just because of positioning. Caroline and Saylor are 6’2, Azzi is 5’11. And you can be the same height and have different body proportions/longer legs than someone.

Reaction Score
NO!! NO!! NO!!
This is all wrong!
So true. I didn't even recognize her without a black eye and a scowl.

Reaction Score
And yet she's the shortest one in the picture. Look how much bigger Azzi is compared to her.
And Saylor head must’ve shrunk or Azzis grew. That’s not normal and almost unbelievable. Lol

Reaction Score
Why can’t she do both? You can be pretty and be a beast on the court.
I'm trying very hard not to be mistaken for a misogynistic pig. Perhaps overdoing it.
I think the ladies are all much lovelier off court than when they are at "battle stations". Especially when they "fix" themselves up.
When I saw the Media Day 2021 photos it reminded me that these are awesome physical specimens in other ways besides athleticism
( which seems to be the word on everybody's lips when describing Aubrey Griffin).
Considering that with Autumn's departure, Nika is now the "runt" of the litter at 5'10" (just happens to be my height).
Still, all of these unusually tall, physically fit young ladies are very easy on the eyes.
I have friends who think I follow WCBB just to ogle the young women. No matter how hard I try to articulate the spirit and effort I THINK the women's game seems to bring out.
With Nika, I was just attempting to contrast the lovely young woman in the photo with her "take no prisoners" style of play so many of us have come to admire and appreciate.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm trying very hard not to be mistaken for a misogynistic pig. Perhaps overdoing it.
I think the ladies are all much lovelier off court than when they are at "battle stations". Especially when they "fix" themselves up.
When I saw the Media Day 2021 photos it reminded me that these are awesome physical specimens in other ways besides athleticism
( which seems to be the word on everybody's lips when describing Aubrey Griffin).
Considering that with Autumn's departure, Nika is now the "runt" of the litter at 5'10" (just happens to be my height).
Still, all of these unusually tall, physically fit young ladies are very easy on the eyes.
I have friends who think I follow WCBB just to ogle the young women. No matter how hard I try to articulate the spirit and effort I THINK the women's game seems to bring out.
With Nika, I was just attempting to contrast the lovely young woman in the photo with her "take no prisoners" style of play so many of us have come to admire and appreciate.
Trying Never Give Up GIF by Britannia on EPIX

"Easy on the eyes" and "awesome physical specimen" are very misogynistic especially when talking about young ladies that are for the most part barely past their teen years and has nothing to do with basketball.

Reaction Score
Trying Never Give Up GIF by Britannia on EPIX

"Easy on the eyes" and "awesome physical specimen" are very misogynistic especially when talking about young ladies that are for the most part barely past their teen years and has nothing to do with basketball.
Uh Huh.
Guess I'll keep trying until I get the phraseology just right.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uh Huh.
Guess I'll keep trying until I get the phraseology just right.
I'd recommend avoiding the topic all together-this is a basketball forum.
From the Boneyard Rules:
  • The Boneyard women's board is a place to discuss young, female athletes that play basketball. It is NOT the place to leer at women or discuss the relative merits of women's appearances.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to sound judgmental, InthePaint, but I do agree with Coco: your commentary does draw the yellow because it appears to objectify the young women on the team, and as Coco stated, this has no application to a forum on women's basketball. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom