Media Call with Geno | The Boneyard

Media Call with Geno

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Croatia isn’t on the list of restricted countries. I wonder if Anna was able to spend 14 days with the Mühls (a lot, I know), if she and Nika would be able to travel back to campus together.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Croatia isn’t on the list of restricted countries. I wonder if Anna was able to spend 14 days with the Mühls (a lot, I know), if she and Nika would be able to travel back to campus together.

Getting a visa is the issue for Nika.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

“You would think something is as simple as going to the Canadian border and drive across,” Auriemma said Wednesday during a 40-minute Zoom call with state reporters. “Those days are over. Nika needs to fly over from Zagreb, but the U.S. Embassy hasn’t been open, so getting a visa has become a real problem. They’re not letting international flights coming into the U.S. except for citizens of the United States, so Anna is not going to have an easy time.”

Reaction Score
With the virus getting worse not better in US Uconn might just have to go with US born players this year

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

“You would think something is as simple as going to the Canadian border and drive across,” Auriemma said Wednesday during a 40-minute Zoom call with state reporters. “Those days are over. Nika needs to fly over from Zagreb, but the U.S. Embassy hasn’t been open, so getting a visa has become a real problem. They’re not letting international flights coming into the U.S. except for citizens of the United States, so Anna is not going to have an easy time.”

I should have read. :rolleyes:

So if they aren’t allowing international flights, then I wonder why they’re even posting the countries whose citizens aren’t allowed to enter. Just say “closed” and be done with it

How did Jessie Rennie, an Aussie at Tennessee, return if the flights are stopped? Any of our UT fans have insights?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno's talk was part of the bigger Big East Shootaround IG show.

Youtube link below. Renee is also a guest

Reaction Score
We are in the same position as the other colleges with basketball programs. The sport I feel for is soccer. Think of how many international players are on these teams. We, I believe, only have to worry about two players. The soccer coaches must be frantic. And I have heard from a very reliable source that Geno recently made a trip to New London and has rented a submarine. If a couple of players happen to show up for classes this fall when questioned his response will be "I know nothing."

Reaction Score
We are in the same position as the other colleges with basketball programs. The sport I feel for is soccer. Think of how many international players are on these teams. We, I believe, only have to worry about two players. The soccer coaches must be frantic. And I have heard from a very reliable source that Geno recently made a trip to New London and has rented a submarine. If a couple of players happen to show up for classes this fall when questioned his response will be "I know nothing."

Put em in Groucho disguises and call them walk-ons. :D

Reaction Score
Congrats to Napheesa on being named a Lynx co-captain for the upcoming season.

Some more useful info from Geno via The UConn Blog's Daniel Connolly:
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 6.19.19 AM.png

Reaction Score
Somehow as i read this I heard a voice from a past Hogan's Heroes show :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom