Media Availibility 12/10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Media Availibility 12/10

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Enjoyed this interview. We haven't heard from Shea in a while. I'd like to hear from the other coaches too, and get their perspectives on the state of the program, and their opinion on the current development of some of the players. Thanks for posting this Rings. Two thumbs up. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If there is one phrase that epitomizes Geno’s take on this season it is, “I don’t know.” The uncertainty that everyone is dealing with relative to how the team will play, how many games will be played, whether or not the players can go home for the holidays feels like the weight of the world is on this team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Late in Shea's Q & A Shea most directly addresses what we have gotten in dribs and drabs concerning Evina's knee : "This isn't something that's going to go away for her ... it's hard work and its hard work to stay on the court."

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Geno: "Nothing about this looks good..."
Doesn't see ..."the ability to focus..."
"...more worrisome is how long it takes to accomplish things..." Kids aren't retaining coaching points.

Oh boy. :(
Actually never seen Geno so negative. Wow.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"When she's on the floor all the players with her on the floor are better." You'd think one of our hard hitting journalists would have thought to tweet out this comment by Geno about Paige. Don't you think? :)

Reaction Score
"...more worrisome is how long it takes to accomplish things..." Kids aren't retaining coaching points.

Obviously you haven't been involved for long. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

He's been pretty glum and it has taken a toll on him - just look at him in the video.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Obviously you haven't been involved for long. ;)

Only 30+ years a UC WBB fan and grew up near campus going to men's games for another 15 or 20.

Geno always has snarky, negative things to say, but there's an air of general helplessness and sadness for the situation his kids are in. Hate to see this.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wish the reporters would have put a little more into basketball questions and less on Pandemic questions although learning that Geno favored a Feb 1 (May madness) scenario is very interesting. Thank god for the MN reporter for getting a few Paige questions in.
I think he likes the 4 'quard' setup Evina, Paige, Christyn, Anna and I think that is how he may line up with to start

Reaction Score
I wish the reporters would have put a little more into basketball questions and less on Pandemic questions although learning that Geno favored a Feb 1 (May madness) scenario is very interesting. Thank god for the MN reporter for getting a few Paige questions in.
I think he likes the 4 'quard' setup Evina, Paige, Christyn, Anna and I think that is how he may line up with to start
I think that idea makes the most sense. We just need a month or two to get past this surge, and by spring hopefully enough vaccines are available so that we can put this nightmare in the rear view mirror. If you do May madness you might even be able to have fans by that point.

Reaction Score

This article from ESPN/Voepel (she was one of the interviewers) is 100% from today's Geno interview...

Carnac

Reaction Score
One more possible reason for not letting the team go home for Christmas, the players that live outside the US, may have trouble getting back in. Remember the challenges they had trying to return this summer? The same could be true on their return trip this winter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Daniel Connolly's 5 bold predictions:

Here's another "bold" prediction, as far as having the deepest bench in history (#3)...I'm going out on a limb and proclaim next year will be the deepest bench in history. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Here's another "bold" prediction, as far as having the deepest bench in history (#3)...I'm going out on a limb and proclaim next year will be the deepest bench in history. ;)

Your theory has to be correct. We gain 3 and lose no one. Addition by addition. And those 3 additional players are good to great. Let’s see how fast they acclimate to play at this level.

Reaction Score
Your theory has to be correct. We gain 3 and lose no one. Addition by addition. And those 3 additional players are good to great. Let’s see how fast they acclimate to play at this level.

Maybe.

Reaction Score
I know Geno can be snarky and pessimistic, but this was a bit more than usual. I was finding myself frustrated with the media personnel the first half, as their questions were redundant and at times unnecessary. At this point I'd say getting one game under their belt will help the mindset of the players and coaches. I'm sure the uncertainty and longer wait has developed a mental hurdle for all involved. I look forward to when the media is able to ask questions about the play on the hardwood, instead of harping on the unknowns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom