Mechelle Voepel feature on Diana | The Boneyard

Mechelle Voepel feature on Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You know.....when we talk about the God-forbid-post-Geno-era, we mention a lot of names....but I don't see Diana's name in the mix very much...and I have to wonder why. I would be that she would be a great coach and a good fit at UConn.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You know.....when we talk about the God-forbid-post-Geno-era, we mention a lot of names....but I don't see Diana's name in the mix very much...and I have to wonder why. I would be that she would be a great coach and a good fit at UConn.

It was the first thing that came to my mind as well. She would be the only person that could come close to Geno's news conferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Di would make good coach but she's definitely my first choice to have on my team.

On edit: lesson for the day - read the link before you post. She does seem to have the teaching mindset.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the reason is timing as far as DT and Uconn coaching. We don't know how long Geno will continue to have the fire, but you figure DT will be playing 5+ more years. There is no way Uconn would hire someone with no coaching experience to lead the program - so you need to expect Geno to hang in for something like 10 years before DT would have the coaching experience necessary. And I don't think DT has ever actually said when her playing days are over she is going to coach.
Geno may coach for 10 more years, but I think that is probably the outside limit, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last the full 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom