Mechelle Voepel: 10 things to take away from London | The Boneyard

Mechelle Voepel: 10 things to take away from London

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"The effect of that depth was multifaceted and made a difference in every game in London. Team USA always had fresh legs to go to, especially key because it provided coach Geno Auriemma consistently dependable defensive-strategy options.

His UConn championship teams, as polished as they could be much of the time offensively, still had a bedrock of defense. Similarly, his Olympic team defended with vigor and skill. Over the course of 40 minutes, the Americans' defense was far too much for any of their foes."

LINK

Reaction Score
Mechelle makes a mistake I've be seeing a lot. "We can't know for sure who amongst the 11 American women's hoops gold medalists will be in position to go for a sixth consecutive Olympic gold in 2016." There are actually 12 gold medalists. People keep getting confused with the 11 player WNBA roster limit. I've seen other references to Swin and Asjha as the 10th and 11th players.

Reaction Score
A great piece (again), and that shows Mechelle is the most experienced and knowledgeable writer who covers women's ball. It's a real shame and disgrace that ESPN did not send her to London.

Reaction Score
A great piece (again), and that shows Mechelle is the most experienced and knowledgeable writer who covers women's ball. It's a real shame and disgrace that ESPN did not send her to London.

So funny to have the opposite opinion. I am not a Voepel fan, but it's great that you are.

Reaction Score
So funny to have the opposite opinion. I am not a Voepel fan, but it's great that you are.
Yes we all have our own opinions. Specifically what about Michele do you not like ?I personally think she is knowledgeable, insightful and honest.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
She is sometimes taken to task for being too much of a Big 12 homer.

Reaction Score

she wrote for the Kansas City Star for 12 years, which included covering KSU and other Big 12 schools. The EPSN gig was on the top of that. She was laid off from Star after 2008 Summer Olympics, so ESPN is her only gig now.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I think she is a darn good writer, perhaps the best in the realm of women's basketball, and I will always remember how she stood up for Diana during a couple of tough periods in her life. She told no lies, but dug up the facts and was supportive of Diana when that was not easy to do.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She's also been accused of favoring UConn...or Tennessee. I guess the Baylor and ND fans will start accusing MV of favoring the other team now that those two have a budding rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom