Mechelle on Ashja | The Boneyard

Mechelle on Ashja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yes, the sun stole her from the mystics. but a bigger steal was uconn getting this piscataway,nj girl right from under the noses of rutgers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
High praise from Geno:

"She did not miss one practice in four years at Connecticut," Auriemma recalled. "There were never any surprises, no drama. It was a tremendous comfort for everybody else.

"Coming out of high school, she had the best temperament. She was an adult before she was actually an adult. She was able to recognize things and adjust really quickly. That's why she's still so effective in that league: Her game is based on knowledge, temperament, skill. She studies. It's not just, 'I'm going to run by you and jump over you.'"

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
yes, the sun stole her from the mystics. but a bigger steal was uconn getting this piscataway,nj girl right from under the noses of rutgers.

I don't think any theft was involved, apparently, she was up-front from the beginning about wanting to go out-of-state.

Of course, the out-going coach (TG) said to ignore that, the in-coming coach (CVS) couldn't understand why anyone would not want to play for their "State U" (think Iowa) and the end result was a deplorable amount of booing the first time she was introduced. The power of the press, unfortunately, especially before todays' more widespread internet and recruiting reporting.

Reaction Score
High praise from Geno:

"She did not miss one practice in four years at Connecticut," Auriemma recalled. "There were never any surprises, no drama. It was a tremendous comfort for everybody else.

"Coming out of high school, she had the best temperament. She was an adult before she was actually an adult. She was able to recognize things and adjust really quickly. That's why she's still so effective in that league: Her game is based on knowledge, temperament, skill. She studies. It's not just, 'I'm going to run by you and jump over you.'"

This is why I think Ashja would make a terrific coach, if that's ever the direction she wants to go. She's a real student of the game.

One other thing from this interview: I find it hilarious that Ashja and Diana Taurasi were roommates on the road. Talk about polar opposites in temperament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is why I think Ashja would make a terrific coach, if that's ever the direction she wants to go. She's a real student of the game.

One other thing from this interview: I find it hilarious that Ashja and Diana Taurasi were roommates on the road. Talk about polar opposites in temperament.
Very complementary--Dee did 100% of the talking and Asjha did 100% of the listening. :)

Reaction Score
High praise from Geno:

Add in the fact that she was probably the strongest and toughest player since Jamelle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom