Meaning of the term "All Access" | The Boneyard

Meaning of the term "All Access"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks to an alert BYer, I was able to go to the Xavier-Duke game today on streaming video. It was on Xavier All Access. That title gave me pause.

Back a couple of weeks ago, we long-distance fans found out that SNY would be treating us as second-class citizens by not providing us with such programming as the pre- and post-game shows and a program called Huskies All Access. At the time, I complained that it would be logical for us to think that anything called Huskies All Access should be available to all audiences, because that's what All Access meant. But the SNY apologists among BYers said that, no, it didn't mean that at all. They said that by All Access, SNY meant that it was getting the viewers into places, like the locker room and practices, where people normally cannot go.

If that's the case, what am I to make of Xaview All Access, which gets me not the locker room, not the practices, but a game?

I think that in terms of game quality, SNY has done a fine job. But in terms of service to those of us forced to use streaming, they are less than adequate. And let me anticipate some apologist who, sitting fat and happy with his/her cable or satellite service, could afford to tell me I can always cancel my service: Would you do that? For myself, if the only eay to watch UConn women were on carrier pigeon, I would stock up on bird food and watch on carrier pigeon, complaining about it all the while. But that's just me.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
"apologist who, sitting fat and happy " hahaha...anyone in mind?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I agree. I can't get SNY where I am, and I can't understand why they wouldn't put it online as well. They are already producing the programming, it can't cost them that much more to put it online. Plus, it would keep fans on their website longer and build loyalty. Maybe next season they will reconsider.

Reaction Score
For myself, if the only eay to watch UConn women were on carrier pigeon, I would stock up on bird food and watch on carrier pigeon, complaining about it all the while. But that's just me.
I'm with you, Tomcat! How did we out-of-towners follow the Huskies before there was the Internet?

Reaction Score
Telegraph, is how. We signed up with Samuel F.B. Morse and we heard the games on telegraph. I remember it well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Telegraph, is how. We signed up with Samuel F.B. Morse and we heard the games on telegraph. I remember it well.

Dah, yeah, but there were many nights that you heard nothing but a bunch of dits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom