MCW leaving SU for NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
wasnt impressed by him really... he just has the size

Reaction Score
Has talent but not seeing Top 10 pick....can't shoot, passing became an issue once they got out of JB's soft schedule and into the BE schedule and he's not really bright!?

Maybe he eventually turns into something but I doubt it!

Reaction Score
I don't know what kind of NBA player he'll be but I just watched him **** all over a pretty good Indiana team, and I kind of laugh at the claim that his passing was an issue once Syracuse got past the cupcakes on their schedule since he just led the Big East in assists and, by the way, set the all time single season Big East assists record.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Maybe he's getting out before the program gets pooped on by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I don't know what kind of NBA player he'll be but I just watched him **** all over a pretty good Indiana team, and I kind of laugh at the claim that his passing was an issue once Syracuse got past the cupcakes on their schedule since he just led the Big East in assists and, by the way, set the all time single season Big East assists record.
Listen Mr. Voice-of-Reason, stop it. We like our situations clear cut, our villains extra-evil, and our debates full of name calling. You haven't learned this yet?

Reaction Score
Why did you have to ruin these people's good time with all your rationality and facts?

Reaction Score
Pretty good decision I think. Weak draft, definitely will be one of the top PG's in the draft. Go get the money.

D

Deleted member 3149

If I could have shabazz for 4 years or MCW for 2.....never would I take MCW. I honestly think he sucks

Reaction Score

Did you happen to catch him in the bigger game vs Michigan ? Hmmmm.....Let me know how he "" himself rather then the Wolverines...........You can find good games for sure, but find me the consistency and I'll show you a solid pro!

Reaction Score
Right move. He'll become a good pro in a few years, I think. I'll still root against him. It's hard to find likeable quse players, fans or hell, the coach these days, even from looking outside my white and blue husky bubble.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's much of a scorer, but I suppose he could well develop into a Rondo-like player. Not gonna shoot well, but can find ways to score and a good distributor.

Reaction Score
I think he's a curious prospect, his height will help with his distribution for sure and he plays the passing lanes well for steals but its a different beast in the league. He won't be ripping the ball out of much stronger post players possesion in the NBA as easily, and he's going to struggle to stay in front of his man on defense. NBA guys, at least good ones, are so efficient with their economy of movement that his ganglyness and reliance on zone D in college are going to keep his butt glued to the bench his first year or two, I would wager. If he can get stronger and use his instincts to cheat on D in the right way I could see him having an impact in a couple/few years.

Offensively he ought to be a little better. Finding the open guy seems to be a knack of his, so the assists should be there, but boy, are guys gonna just sag off him until he can bury a midrange J.

I don't think Rondo is a good comparison though. Rondo is like a snake going through the lane to the tin. MCW is more like a clumsy daddy long legs. I see more pre-injury Shaun Livingston in him. Also on D, Rondo can be like a second skin on his man when he wants to be. I doubt very much MCW can ever replicate that.

Reaction Score
I think he's a curious prospect, his height will help with his distribution for sure and he plays the passing lanes well for steals but its a different beast in the league. He won't be ripping the ball out of much stronger post players possesion in the NBA as easily, and he's going to struggle to stay in front of his man on defense. NBA guys, at least good ones, are so efficient with their economy of movement that his ganglyness and reliance on zone D in college are going to keep his butt glued to the bench his first year or two, I would wager. If he can get stronger and use his instincts to cheat on D in the right way I could see him having an impact in a couple/few years.

Offensively he ought to be a little better. Finding the open guy seems to be a knack of his, so the assists should be there, but boy, are guys gonna just sag off him until he can bury a midrange J.

I don't think Rondo is a good comparison though. Rondo is like a snake going through the lane to the tin. MCW is more like a clumsy daddy long legs. I see more pre-injury Shaun Livingston in him. Also on D, Rondo can be like a second skin on his man when he wants to be. I doubt very much MCW can ever replicate that.

If the team that chooses him in the draft can play a 2-3 zone he'll be a 3rd skin.......lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't think he's much of a scorer, but I suppose he could well develop into a Rondo-like player. Not gonna shoot well, but can find ways to score and a good distributor.

Rondo is gnikcvf nasty. He's a triple double threat. Lockdown D. Does this kid really have that kind of upside?

Reaction Score
Rondo is gnikcvf nasty. He's a triple double threat. Lockdown D. Does this kid really have that kind of upside?

First, I said Rondo-like, not that he would be as good as Rondo.

Second, look at their college stats, particularly their sophomore years. Extremely similar.

Defense is a huge question mark, as it is with any Cuse player. He had a ton of steals but those are largely created from scenarios that will not happen in the NBA.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
First, I said Rondo-like, not that he would be as good as Rondo.

Second, look at their college stats, particularly their sophomore years. Extremely similar.

Defense is a huge question mark, as it is with any Cuse player. He had a ton of steals but those are largely created from scenarios that will not happen in the NBA.

Is he really as athletic as Rondo? Rondo is as good an athlete at the PG as there is in the NBA. That's what wowed Danny Ainge and one of the main reasons he selected him.

Also, I think Rondo's Kentucky stats were not reflective at all of the player. I'm not sure why he put up the numbers he did (can't remember circumstances at the time).

Reaction Score
he is a burger boy, he will be an all star on the grill line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member