McMurphy this morning on Bill King | The Boneyard

McMurphy this morning on Bill King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Pretty much confirmed most of what we thought..

First...he said this was all started by ND to ACC. When Big10 saw this, they gave up on ND and moved forward with their plan for MD and RU.

Second...he ACC believes that UConn and Cincy have no other options, so why hurry to invite them. UL had options, so they were the better choice. More teams leave ACC...then Cincy and UConn are back in play.

I know we like to talk BC...APR...Fiesta Bowl...FSU...stuff like that. But I think it is as simple as UL might not be there later..so get them now and UConn/Cincy will available as needed.

Sad part is...it sounds like the Big10 is even less of an option than we had hoped. At least according to how the ACC thinks.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% with this - ACC can have us anytime it wants - Better chance louisville goes to big 12 than us to the big 10. How we get really screwed though is if ND goes all sports to ACC and ACC then takes Cincy over us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We are ND's +1.

Quite possibly the worst position in all of college athletics.

Keeping with our perfect storm, Notre Dame will now win the national title, re-up their NBC deal for $562M per year and continue to tease the ACC for the next century.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This supports that hypothesis:

@JFowlerCBS
Adding Louisville was a strategic response to CFB landscape. Someone else might want Louisville down road, so ACC snatched them.

UConn got screwed by circumstances. (So: don't fire Herbst yet)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
This supports that hypothesis:

UConn got screwed by circumstances. (So: don't fire Herbst yet)
Another way of saying it is, Nobody will ever want UConn.

Reaction Score
What will we look like in a few years if the ACC decides they want us? Barely like our former selves I bet....

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
What will we look like in a few years if the ACC decides they want us? Barely like our former selves I bet....

See U. Of Houston...

Reaction Score
Pretty much confirmed most of what we thought..

First...he said this was all started by ND to ACC. When Big10 saw this, they gave up on ND and moved forward with their plan for MD and RU.

Second...he ACC believes that UConn and Cincy have no other options, so why hurry to invite them. UL had options, so they were the better choice. More teams leave ACC...then Cincy and UConn are back in play.

I know we like to talk BC...APR...Fiesta Bowl...FSU...stuff like that. But I think it is as simple as UL might not be there later..so get them now and UConn/Cincy will available as needed.

Sad part is...it sounds like the Big10 is even less of an option than we had hoped. At least according to how the ACC thinks.

Thanks, waiting/hoping for the Big 10 at this point is painfully foolish.

We need to chart our own course and dictate a new set of conditions as best we can, instead of being ruled by another set like a feather in the wind.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't get the "snatch them before the B12" argument. If the B12 comes calling tomorrow... Does Louisville say no?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is such a drag. There isn't a single football team left on the schedule that is any sense of the word a rival. There are a few hoops rivals left, and only 3, PC , St. John's and SH, with any geographic relationship but of those 3, only the PC people have any real sense of rivalry with us.. The Yan Con was more fun than this Frankenstein. Maybe we petition to join the MAC.

Reaction Score
Interesting that this is being framed as "taking Louisville off the market" rather than "appeasing the football schools". I would agree that Louisville had better possible options (mainly the Big 12) than the other schools. I partly wonder if this is partly in response to Rutgers. Did the ACC want them eventually and then just missed out? I also wonder how serious, if at all, the ACC would be to adding UConn or others and going 16. You could read that as "we intend to sit at 14 for the foreseeable future" or you could read it as "we need one for now and we took the one that would most likely be gone but could easily add more if given more time to think about it". Most people seem to think its the former.

Reaction Score
I don't get the "snatch them before the B12" argument. If the B12 comes calling tomorrow... Does Louisville say no?

They might. Despite all the rumors that Clemson and FSU were Big 12 bound, neither jumped. In fact, it appeared Clemson wanted no part of moving and even voted for an increased exit fee. It was only FSU who seemed to entertain the notion of leaving, and even then it seemed mainly centered around the fans and not the people who run the school. Although one could make more money in the Big 12, its not the huge leap forward that either the SEC or Big 10 provide. And it has it drawbacks (academics, geography, etc...). Although Louisville doesn't have the same ties to the ACC, either traditionally or geographically, it may still like the benefits of the ACC more. That and a $50 million plus exit fee will help dissuade the school.

Also, if Louisville wanted the Big 12 more and thought that was a realistic goal, why even accept an ACC bid. I get the idea that a bird in the hand is better than one in the bush, but I think Louisville weighed the two conferences already in making this decision.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We are ND's +1.

Quite possibly the worst position in all of college athletics.

Keeping with our perfect storm, Notre Dame will now win the national title, re-up their NBC deal for $562M per year and continue to tease the ACC for the next century.

I think it's much more likely that the ACC will lose another member (or members) and then we have a landing. I have a hunch that's probably going to happen, especially if the Twerps don't have to pay the 50 million dollar exit fee. I don't think Louisville makes FSU think ACC football is on the rise. (of course we wouldn't either, so I'm not saying that Boneyard)

I need to emphasize that my source is my hunch, or maybe it's wishful thinking

Reaction Score
Watch, Cincy beats us out for the next spot! Ugggggghhhhh! conference realignment sucks!

Reaction Score
If the ACC needs two more members, I'm guessing it'll be Cincinnati and South Florida at this point.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Why do I feel like Boone, Otter, Flounder, and Pinto at the Dexter Lake Club. Otter just left to boink the desk girl in the parking lot.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

This is the key point and why no one should feel comfy with this notion. If nothing happens for a few years (very likely) UConn will likely be a shell of its former self. What is going to make UConn relevant in it's current situation? I agree that if FSU leaves USF is a leading candidate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Nobody with a brain ever had so much as hope for a B1G invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom