McMurphy: 88% of FBS AD’s support expanded College Football Playoff format | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McMurphy: 88% of FBS AD’s support expanded College Football Playoff format

Reaction Score
Going to be a lot more difficult for amatuer/college sports than professional sports.
Agreed. If I were in charge I would push it to Spring if possible. Or do something different like chop it from 12 games to 6-8 played every two weeks.

Reaction Score
There was a piece on seton hall’s sports business blog (can’t find link now) saying 75% of folks surveyed are not likely to attend sporting events until there is a vaccine or treatment for this virus. Those numbers have to be of huge concern even if the season does open. Even assuming people are less concerned as the crisis subsides, I wouldn’t be shocked to see attendance in all sports, not football drop of significantly. It could Be a pretty good length of time before any sports draw the number of spectators they are used to.

Reaction Score
Fauci announced sports with no fans can begin in the summer. I think CFB will have to decide whether to keep Fall season without fans or hope for Spring with fans (even that is tough to predict)
Imagine that...

>>I just have a couple of more lifestyle questions, then I’ll let you go. People are still holding out hope for some kind of abbreviated baseball season this summer, college football will start in late August. NFL right after that. Do you think those sports seasons are in jeopardy? Are we going to have college football this fall?

—>You know, to be honest with you, Peter, I don’t know. I really don’t. And it’s sort of along the same line as the question you asked about the schools. It’s really going to depend on what actually evolves over the next couple of months. You know, regarding sports, I believe, and I think this is going to be implemented by the initiation and the initiative of the people who own these clubs. If you could get on television, Major League Baseball, to start July 4. Let’s say, nobody comes to the stadium. You just, you do it. I mean people say, “Well you can’t play without spectators.” Well, I think you’d probably get enough buy-in from people who are dying to see a baseball game. Particularly me. I’m living in Washington. We have the World Champion Washington Nationals. You know, I want to see them play again. But there’s a way of doing that because there have been some proposals both at the level of the NFL, Major League Baseball, National Hockey League, to get these people tested, and to put them in big hotels, you know, wherever you want to play. Keep them very well surveilled, namely a surveillance, but have them tested, like every week. By a gazillion tests. And make sure they don’t wind up infecting each other or their family. And just let them play the season out. I mean, that’s a really artificial way to do it, but when you think about it, it might be better than nothing.<—

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom