McKenzie Milton Calls Out Notre Dame | The Boneyard

McKenzie Milton Calls Out Notre Dame

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UCF QB McKenzie Milton Goes Off on Notre Dame: 'Can't Tell Me They're Better'

Follow along, everyone. McKenzie Milton wants to make this as simple as possible.

Notre Dame beat Pittsburgh in October by five lousy points. Two weeks earlier, UCF beat Pitt by 31.

"You look at the [Pitt] film against us and Notre Dame," says Milton, UCF's star quarterback. "You can't tell me Notre Dame is a better team than us."

He is asked: You don't see a difference?

"Oh, I see a difference," Milton says. "We're better."

There you have it. Forget about hokey national championship marketing ploys or a contrived idea that the American Athletic should be the sixth power conference.

This is about the eye test, the very thing the College Football Playoff selection committee uses to determine the four teams for its annual show that produces the sport's national champion.

It's not about conference championships or good wins versus bad losses or any other "metric" or "entry point"—the big-boy words the committee uses to make you think they're doing heavy lifting behind those closed doors. It's about sitting in front of a television in a posh hotel in suburban Dallas and voting on the eye test.

Only the notion of that test stops at the doorstep of UCF's growing monster of a program.

Two seasons, 22 straight wins, zero CFP juice.

Notre Dame is No. 3 in the CFP poll and two wins over Syracuse and USC from reaching the playoff. UCF is No. 11 and light-years from making it.

No matter what the game film shows.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has that one win against Michigan though. If UCF beat Michigan this year then they would be ranked #2 or 3, I would hope.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Milton is spot on...but UCF will never leapfrog enough teams to get into the Playoff. They were the best team in college football in 2017 and didn't even crack the top 4. The Playoff has been an absolute dud in doing what it was supposed to do: eliminate controversy of who plays for the championship.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has that one win against Michigan though. If UCF beat Michigan this year then they would be ranked #2 or 3, I would hope.
Nahhhh they wouldn’t. Maybe 6 or 7.

Reaction Score
Great article. We can only hope they'll win out and get a chance......................fat chance of that happening.

Reaction Score
I’m a big fan of a 16 team playoff but would be ok with 8 just to see an improved system. And a team outside the P5 should be guaranteed a spot.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Corso advocates UCF to the B12. I say, not so fast my friend!!!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
When you have a championship ring, you can say these kinds of things.

Reaction Score
Great article. We can only hope they'll win out and get a chance.......fat chance of that happening.
I think my BeArCaTs are going to get them tomorrow. I know I’m biased but this UC team is for real. I can’t believe they are a play away from being 9-0 themselves

Reaction Score
Corso advocates UCF to the B12. I say, not so fast my friend!!!

UCF is ridiculous to consider. As much as I love uconn basketball and would like them to be out of the American, the invite should go to Cincinnati before anyone else. The football program went back to some dark years but is prime and ready now, basketball, baseball, hockey just to a name a few all ready to go at that level

Reaction Score
I went to both Northwestern games this year against Michigan and Notre Dame..... neither team really jumped out at me as being that unbeatable

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Alabama and Clemson would roll over either Notre Dame or UCF. Neither one has a good enough defense to compete

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Alas, will you be OK should massive frostbite equally impact both schools, their fans, respective leadership, etc and the game ends as a tie?

Only if they got hemorrhoids first...

Reaction Score
UCF and its AD (and Mike Aresco) have to keep the pressure on. With some yet to be seen respected media support, their constant drumbeat just might serve as a key impetus for an 8 team playoff. Just don’t get beat by Cincy tomorrow night.

C

Chief00

UCF QB McKenzie Milton Goes Off on Notre Dame: 'Can't Tell Me They're Better'

Follow along, everyone. McKenzie Milton wants to make this as simple as possible.

Notre Dame beat Pittsburgh in October by five lousy points. Two weeks earlier, UCF beat Pitt by 31.

"You look at the [Pitt] film against us and Notre Dame," says Milton, UCF's star quarterback. "You can't tell me Notre Dame is a better team than us."

He is asked: You don't see a difference?

"Oh, I see a difference," Milton says. "We're better."

There you have it. Forget about hokey national championship marketing ploys or a contrived idea that the American Athletic should be the sixth power conference.

This is about the eye test, the very thing the College Football Playoff selection committee uses to determine the four teams for its annual show that produces the sport's national champion.

It's not about conference championships or good wins versus bad losses or any other "metric" or "entry point"—the big-boy words the committee uses to make you think they're doing heavy lifting behind those closed doors. It's about sitting in front of a television in a posh hotel in suburban Dallas and voting on the eye test.

Only the notion of that test stops at the doorstep of UCF's growing monster of a program.

Two seasons, 22 straight wins, zero CFP juice.

Notre Dame is No. 3 in the CFP poll and two wins over Syracuse and USC from reaching the playoff. UCF is No. 11 and light-years from making it.

No matter what the game film shows.
Good post.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
UCF is ridiculous to consider. As much as I love uconn basketball and would like them to be out of the American, the invite should go to Cincinnati before anyone else. The football program went back to some dark years but is prime and ready now, basketball, baseball, hockey just to a name a few all ready to go at that level
Hahahahahahaha......sorry...... I'll give you football but that's it in terms of being higher than UConn in terms of being "at that level".

In the end we all know how this will end though. UCF and some other crap school will get a seat at the big boy table and we'll be stuck in a dumpster for the rest of all of our days.

Reaction Score
UCF isn’t any good this year. Paper tiger.

Cincy is a tissue paper tiger.

Reaction Score
Milton is picking and choosing his stats. UCF's SOS is ~200, ND's is ~60. UCF has beaten no one of significance.

They deserve better treatment than the committee gives them, for sure, and you're a fool if you think UCF would be ranked in the top 4 if they'd played and beaten Michigan. But to compare ND's result against Pitt and UCF's and summarily determine UCF is a better team is laughable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom