McKennie Signs for Juventus | The Boneyard

McKennie Signs for Juventus

Reaction Score

Mind-boggling to see an American at one of the 7-10 biggest clubs in the world. Still in awe even though it's now official. Initial amount was 4.5 million EUR for the loan and then 18.5 million obligation to buy in a year is activated if (when) Juve qualify for the UCL. Deal could be worth up to 35 million EUR in total.

And while he may not be a starter, he's going to get minutes in the midfield. I've read a lot on Reddit and BigSoccer about how Pirlo sees him as a Vidal-type and wants to build a squad similar to when he himself was on those dominant Juve teams later in his career. Bentancur, Rabiot, and Arthur will be in front of him initially, but then it's just injury-prone Ramsey (who may also be on his way out behind Pjanic) and some younger players competing with him for rotational minutes.

Reaction Score
Pirlo sees him as a Vidal-type

I can see that a bit, too. Weston needs to tidy up his touch and passing, but he's still young. Need him to get quality minutes and not waste away on the bench.

Either way, we have an impressive stable of central midfield talent ready to back-up MB90 in next year's WC qualifiers :cool:

Reaction Score
Congrats. Wishing him better luck with his health. The most important ability is availability.

Reaction Score

Mind-boggling to see an American at one of the 7-10 biggest clubs in the world. Still in awe even though it's now official. Initial amount was 4.5 million EUR for the loan and then 18.5 million obligation to buy in a year is activated if (when) Juve qualify for the UCL. Deal could be worth up to 35 million EUR in total.

And while he may not be a starter, he's going to get minutes in the midfield. I've read a lot on Reddit and BigSoccer about how Pirlo sees him as a Vidal-type and wants to build a squad similar to when he himself was on those dominant Juve teams later in his career. Bentancur, Rabiot, and Arthur will be in front of him initially, but then it's just injury-prone Ramsey (who may also be on his way out behind Pjanic) and some younger players competing with him for rotational minutes.
My son has a Pjanic BiH national team kit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice goal today to put away the game versus top of table Milan.

Reaction Score
And he wins a trophy with Juve today. I didn't watch the game and his player rating wasn't the best, but who could have saw this run 12 months ago?

We have our destroyer who can make late runs into the box and finish. If we can get a decent #10 our midfield will be so solid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom