2026 Recruiting: - McKenna Woliczko | The Boneyard

2026 Recruiting: McKenna Woliczko

Reaction Score
2026: McKenna Woliczko | Offer Status | 6-2 | Wing | 6 #1 | 16 #2 | 4 #3 | WBB Blog | ESPN | maxpreps.com: Bio | usab.com: Bio | usatodayhss.com | youtube.com | News, Images and Videos | The Boneyard | 2023 U16: Stats: Awards | 2024 U17WC: Stats | Highlight3 | Highlight4 | Highlight5 |

McKenna Woliczko (USA: 2024 U17 World Cup: through 5 games):
  • Minutes: 19.3 (4th)
  • Efficiency: 17.4 (2nd)
  • Rebounds: 9.6 (4th)
  • Assists: 1.8 (5th)
  • Steals: 1.6 (Tie 5th)
  • Blocks: 1.0 (2nd)
  • Turnovers: 1.4 (Tie 6th)
  • 2 Pt %: 51.1% (8th)
  • 3 Pt %: 25.0% (Tie 6th)
  • FT %: 42.9% (10th)
  • FGA: 10.2 (3rd)
McKenna WOLICZKO (USA: 2023 U16 Americas: through 6 games): All-Star Five
  • Minutes: 18.7 (4th)
  • Efficiency: 19.3 (2nd)
  • Rebounds: 9.7 (2nd)
  • Assists: 1.0 (10th)
  • Steals: 1.7 (nth)
  • Blocks: 1.7 (Tie 6th)
  • Turnovers: 1.3 (Tie 6th)
  • 2 Pt %: 62.3% (4th)
  • 3 Pt %: 0.0% (Tie 10th)
  • FT %: 55.6% (8th)
  • FGA: 8.8 (Tie 2nd)
UConn Recruiting: Roster Chart | HuskyNan List | WBBlog | 2025 Recruiting | 2026 Recruiting | 2027 Recruiting |

Reaction Score
I’m not really sure what a wing is. Having seen a few of her games at Mitty HS, I’d say she plays like a 4: good rebounding, good interior passing, quick outlet pass on defensive rebounds and good post moves. She’s not a great perimeter shooter but her midrange shot is good and she finishes well at the rim. She has a good “turn and shoot” game. And she runs the court really well. The only question mark for me is whether she’s big enough to play her current style at the next level. A slender 6’2” may get pushed around a lot in D1. She may solve this problem over the next two years by developing a better perimeter game or by putting in a lot more work in the weight room

Reaction Score
Not sure why this player is listed. Zero connection between her and the staff.
There's some interview of Geno saying that he was recruiting someone who was also a talented softball player in addition to basketball so most are suspecting it's McKenna.

From what I've seen, McKenna is much more interested in Notre Dame while her father is pushing for South Carolina. I haven't seen any UCONN offer out to her and honestly, given her reaction to the ND offer, we don't stand a chance, especially since we were a rival school to (presumably) one of her favorite college teams when she was younger.

Reaction Score
I’m not really sure what a wing is. Having seen a few of her games at Mitty HS, I’d say she plays like a 4: good rebounding, good interior passing, quick outlet pass on defensive rebounds and good post moves. She’s not a great perimeter shooter but her midrange shot is good and she finishes well at the rim. She has a good “turn and shoot” game. And she runs the court really well. The only question mark for me is whether she’s big enough to play her current style at the next level. A slender 6’2” may get pushed around a lot in D1. She may solve this problem over the next two years by developing a better perimeter game or by putting in a lot more work in the weight room
Angel Reese has a similar build to McKenna, not much muscle, but it didn't hold her back because she knew how to get to her sweet spot. McKenna is an elite athlete; I don't think she'll be too hampered at the next level.

Reaction Score
Angel Reese has a similar build to McKenna, not much muscle, but it didn't hold her back because she knew how to get to her sweet spot. McKenna is an elite athlete; I don't think she'll be too hampered at the next level.
I don't think so. Angel was bigger and stronger than McKenna even in high school. And by her senior year at LSU, she was much bigger.

Reaction Score
Not sure if any coaches can agree how to define what a wing is. Maybe it’s just the best player on the team you aren’t starting at 1, 2, 4, or 5.

Something between a 2 guard and a 4 forward. A player who is ideally 6’0”” to 6’2”- give or take an inch in some instances ( lol) .Someone with a solid outside shot and good midrange who can mix it up physically for rebounds around the edge of the paint. Can defend against a shooting guard or a small forward. A hybrid guard/forward who is not ideal at either spot but is too good to take off the court.

On a fully healthy, loaded UConn team, I looked at C. Ducharme as the ideal wing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if any coach’s can agree how to define what a wing is. Maybe it’s just the best player on the team you aren’t starting at 1, 2, 4, or 5.

Something between a 2 guard and a 4 forward. A player who is ideally 6’0”” to 6’2”- give or take an inch in some instances ( lol) .Someone with a solid outside shot and good midrange who can mix it up physically for rebounds around the edge of the paint. Can defend against a shooting guard or a small forward. A hybrid guard/forward who is not ideal at either spot but is too good to take off the court.
Now that sounds like Soni Citron or Caroline Ducharme. They can hit the 3, drive the lane, block shots and grab rebounds. But you don't want them muscling up against the likes of Aaliyah Edwards or Angel Reese, or Kiki Iriafen or Maddy Westbeld. Qadence Samuels seems like a wing to me.

I like what I see in McKenna, and she plays more like a 4 right now at Mitty HS, or even a 5. But I don't think she's got the build for that at the D1 level, and she doesn't have the perimeter shooting game to move out to the wing. The key, though, is that she's got 2 more years to figure out how she wants to play, as I said above. Either put on some more muscle or develop a perimeter shooting game. I expect she'll do one or the other, or both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom