McEntee family reunion | The Boneyard

McEntee family reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
**This has nothing at all to do with realignment or depressing football debates.**
UConnhuskies.com has a video up about Johnny apparently having 80+ family members at the game in Buffalo. It's pretty heartwarming. They turned Great-grandma's 95th B-day and Johnny Mac's game into a big family reunion.

Go watch the video. In all the shouting on this board and all the crazy realignment talk, it was good to watch that video and remember there is more true and more wholesome value of sports.

Reaction Score
good to hear. nice to shine a spotlight on the reason many of us follow college sports more than the pros. lately it's been difficult to tell the difference.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I saw a kid wearing a McEntee t-shirt and figured it was his family. Never would have guessed that he had that many people there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He's a really good kid.

We may not like him as a QB, but he is a good kid. And we should all remember that.

Reaction Score
He's a really good kid.

We may not like him as a QB, but he is a good kid. And we should all remember that.
what's not to like? he's a walk-on that is starting, so whatever you think of him, he's apparently better than the guys recruited so we should be happy to have him. he could of just as easily walked on anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Important to me is the fact that he chose UConn, not cause edsall chose him, not cause it's his best option to get to the NFL, not cause he got a bag full of cash... His video was responsible for more UConn press than the fiesta bowl ticketgate scandal. To me he is the best that this school offers. Now if he could find that magic touch...

Reaction Score
Nobody should rule out Johnny Mac becoming a good QB for us. He has the one thing you can't teach, a good arm.

Reaction Score
He's a really good kid.

He played lights out on Saturday.. no picks and his best completion rate yet. It'll get better.

Reaction Score
Adding a little spice to those QB-Center snap exchanges---Johnnie's sister Melissa is dating center Moe Petrus!

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the video. Will try to later.

Kid may not be the best qb, but he shows touch on his passes and @ TIMES has shown that he could hit a receiver in stride allowing for yards after the catch. I think with reps he will start to show poise because the kid looks like he understands the game..... I know, I know, Vandy, but that was his first meaningful minutes of his career.

Furthermore, I think his teammates think he SHOULD be the guy, there is a lot to be said for that.

Reaction Score
I still remember the bombs he threw to Marcus Easley in the 2009 Spring game while was covered by a very young Blidi at the time. I was thinking how the heck are these two NOT on the field. Later that season we discovered Marcus Easley... and now it's Johnny Mac's turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom