McDonald's Game-Impressed with Scaife & Harper | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McDonald's Game-Impressed with Scaife & Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hey ETT. Congrats to Baylor. Too bad we didn't get a chance to see her play.

I was really happy with what I saw from Scaife. Harper and Russell looked good too.

You'll get to see plenty next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Deshields seems to have a little attitude.
She's the new Skylar. :)

I was noticing that Norcross went 28-5 this year and won the Georgia championship for their class. I believe they also won 3 years ago when Davis and DeShields played together. But Maya Moore's Collins Hill team won 3 titles and lost in the title game her first year. Maya's team was 125-3. They lost fewer games in 4 years than Diamond's team lost in a single year.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I'm so glad the Wooten Award Winner for "National Player of the Year" was able to go 1/7 FG 0/4 FT for 2 points, 2 rebounds and 3 blocks in 20 minutes. Something tells me Indiana got it right on this one. Mavunga may not have shot much better but 3/15 FG, 1/1 FT, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks in 20 minutes seems a little more productive. I hope Muffet gets Reimer out of the mindset that she is a guard first...she is not.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm so glad the Wooten Award Winner for "National Player of the Year" was able to go 1/7 FG 0/4 FT for 2 points, 2 rebounds and 3 blocks in 20 minutes. Something tells me Indiana got it right on this one. Mavunga may not have shot much better but 3/15 FG, 1/1 FT, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks in 20 minutes seems a little more productive. I hope Muffet gets Reimer out of the mindset that she is a guard first...she is not.
Reimer seems to have a downside. We'll see how she does at the next level. I would expect a Wooten winner to be a NPOY candidate as a junior or senior. She did not distinguish herself last night.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Reimer seems to have a downside. We'll see how she does at the next level. I would expect a Wooten winner to be a NPOY candidate as a junior or senior. She did not distinguish herself last night.
She has never distinguished herself when I have seen her. Makes me wonder what all the hype is about.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I started watching on replay and turned it off. The game was unwatchable. I doubt I would have felt differently if there were any UConn recruits in the game.

Reaction Score
I started watching on replay and turned it off. The game was unwatchable. I doubt I would have felt differently if there were any UConn recruits in the game.
I reacted the same way. It was a big jumble of players running and gunning, not really a game. They all played the same way and it was hard to tell who took the shot. Maybe the announcers not calling the game had something to do with it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Boy, your being in the doldrums didn't last long.:)

I've been a sports fan for many years and I learned long ago that most of the time your team won't win its last game of the year. Baylor will have many good teams for me to enjoy watching.

It certainly helps knowing that BG will be in the pros and I'll get to see her develop over the years. I truly mean it when I say that I am happy to see her move past her college years and into the world of professionals who are her peers, not overmatched students who resort to any tactics possible to try to stop her.

Griner had improved as much as she could at the college level. I'm excited about seeing how she develops and what sort of basketball beauty she will demonstrate.

Reaction Score
I reacted the same way. It was a big jumble of players running and gunning, not really a game. They all played the same way and it was hard to tell who took the shot. Maybe the announcers not calling the game had something to do with it.

The boys' game was even worse.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am excited about Small. I've watched quite a bit of footage and she has a nice stroke on her shot. She can shoot from all over the court and can create her own shot with the pull-up jumper or by getting to the rim. At 6-0 she is going to be great at the 2 or 3 position.

Baylor got the 19, 31 and 52 players in this class. Imani Wright (TX) and Nina Davis (TN) are all great athletes who will fit in nicely with Johnson, Prince and Sims. And, I still proclaim that Higgins is going to have a big impact next year.

In 2014 we get a great PG in Calvert and may also add Turner.

So yeah, I didn't stay down too long. I will enjoy watching all the great teams next year no matter which university they come from.

I am especially excited about seeing Stewart's development. She will be super next year. Also excited to see what TN and UNC can do with their new talent.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Those all-star games are always hard to watch. Just a bunch of ants running around on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom