McDonald's All-American rosters announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McDonald's All-American rosters announced

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I follow Katlyn Gilbert on twitter. She's been retweeting well-wishers ever since the announcement was made. It was hard to miss!

Uh oh, you got me. I don't do social media. I'm not on twitter, I use a "pen name" on Facebook that I use to sign on various sites. I don't follow anyone, and no one follows me. I like it that way. You know the old saying, You don't miss things you never had. If you're getting your leads from social media, you'll always clear leather before I do, and I'll never scoop you. :)

Reaction Score
I'm confused as to why the east squad has 4 Point Guards while the West squad only has 1 (Honesty Scott-Grayson) who's not really a pg and doesn't live west of the Mississippi??

Reaction Score
I'm confused as to why the east squad has 4 Point Guards while the West squad only has 1 (Honesty Scott-Grayson) who's not really a pg and doesn't live west of the Mississippi??

I think it's cool that all the BU players will be playing together, but I thought the same thing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are acting brand new on the composition of these teams, in 2014 Mariya Moore from California played on the East squad with Wilson and the west squad was loaded with PGs ( McCarthy, Caldwell, & Canada).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I noticed that, though. Gilbert isn't a point guard (at least she won't be one in college) but I guess she will have to fill that role.

Reaction Score
For any expert evaluators...what’s the consensus on this class in regards to if it’s a strong or weak one? From what I’ve read, it seems like the top 4-5 players could be interchangeable.

2017 seems like a pretty weak class based on freshmen impact so far. Deep, but no standouts besides Carter who is tanking her team as of late. 3 of the top 4 recruits aren’t even rotation players at this point.

2016 was somewhat underwhelming last year but appears to be much stronger this season.

2015 and 2014 both are stellar.
Westbrook #2 2017 is a starter from day one.

Reaction Score
You are acting brand new on the composition of these teams, in 2014 Mariya Moore from California played on the East squad with Wilson and the west squad was loaded with PGs ( McCarthy, Caldwell, & Canada).

Idk the list seems funny to me. Even back in 2014 the teams were pretty balanced as far as talent went. The west squad this year is STACKED! Christyn Williams and Zay Green are the top 2 guards in the class and will be on the same squad. They should be squaring off agaisnt each other similar to Walker & Westbrook last year. The east squad doesn't really have any G/W's unless you count Iza Nicolette (who semrau recruited as heir to Leticia Romero) and Emily Engstler (who is not and actual wing but more of a forward IMO).

Reaction Score
Idk the list seems funny to me. Even back in 2014 the teams were pretty balanced as far as talent went. The west squad this year is STACKED! Christyn Williams and Zay Green are the top 2 guards in the class and will be on the same squad. They should be squaring off agaisnt each other similar to Walker & Westbrook last year. The east squad doesn't really have any G/W's unless you count Iza Nicolette (who semrau recruited as heir to Leticia Romero) and Emily Engstler (who is not and actual wing but more of a forward IMO).
Madi Williams is a high level wing, can play 2-4 and guard 1-4 in high school/ AAU. I'm pretty excited to see her play, from the few highlights I've seen she moves on the court like Angel Mccoughtry, I think she has a similar game as well.

Reaction Score
McCarthy and Canada sure lived up to their billing. Racee Caldwell got messed up in the Texas Tech situation.

Reaction Score
Oh my gosh, Sabally is going to be a star. How did Oregon come up with her? Is she 6'3 and can handle the ball and run. Plus has a good bball IQ and poise.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Westbrook #2 2017 is a starter from day one.
That's true. The three Tennessee freshmen have been very good all year. Cooks has been good for Michigan State and Sabally terrific for Oregon, too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Those Tennessee freshmen are very confident and they are playing really well as a team. They are going to be a handful going forward.

I am excited to see four Baylor commits on the same team. Maybe we will get to see them all play at the same time at some point.

Reaction Score
Those Tennessee freshmen are very confident and they are playing really well as a team. They are going to be a handful going forward.

I am excited to see four Baylor commits on the same team. Maybe we will get to see them all play at the same time at some point.
That would be great to see all 4 Baylor players on the floor together.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I will post a detailed list at seasons end of who has the most McDonalds AA's in the 18-19 season. Will wait till see where the "impending" transfers land.

Usual suspects will be at or near the top--Texas, Baylor, ND, UCONN, Stanford.

Nice to see Georgia Tech and Arizona get on the board. Arizona got a great recruiting class and has some nice transfers eligible next season.

Don’t forget Tennessee... between this 2018 class and 2017 I think they’re bringing in 7 McDAAs... impressive for a two year span.

Reaction Score
Oh my gosh, Sabally is going to be a star. How did Oregon come up with her? Is she 6'3 and can handle the ball and run. Plus has a good bball IQ and poise.
She is 6'4" and she probably slipped through the recruiting cracks because Germany, until the last two years ,was not that successful in European basketball. Gulich was an exception but very few players have come to the USA to play college ball.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen and what I've heard 2018 is a much deeper class. 2019 and 2020 are going to be some of the best classes ever though, especially the top of the 2019 class with Rickea Jackson, Sam Brunelle, Laeticia Amihere, Jordan Horston, Zia Cooke, Elauna Eaton, Celeste Taylor, Diamond Miller, Breanna Beal, Aliyah Boston, Kierstan Bell, Nyah Green, Ramani Parker, Haley Jones, Kennedy Brown etc. etc... Those mentioned and probably 5-10 more could easily have been top 10 players in 2016, 17 or 18.

After watching summer ball I thought the best 5 players in the 2018 class are Williams, Collier, Zarielle Green, Rhyne Howard and Nicoletti. Having watched a lot of high school games thanks to streaming and access to bigger tourneys in December I would say Green and Williams solidified their spots as my top two. (I thought Green was one of the top players in the class long before I even knew Tennessee would have a chance to get her, just for the record). Athletic, great handle, consistent and versatile offensive game along with being primed to be an elite defender. She is a close second to Williams in the 2018 class for me. Nelson-Ododa may end up being the top player though when it's all said and done, which is a fairly popular opinion.

Reaction Score
Anybody have a take on Ramani Parker? L’ville just got her.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen and what I've heard 2018 is a much deeper class. 2019 and 2020 are going to be some of the best classes ever though, especially the top of the 2019 class with Rickea Jackson, Sam Brunelle, Laeticia Amihere, Jordan Horston, Zia Cooke, Elauna Eaton, Celeste Taylor, Diamond Miller, Breanna Beal, Aliyah Boston, Kierstan Bell, Nyah Green, Ramani Parker, Haley Jones, Kennedy Brown etc. etc... Those mentioned and probably 5-10 more could easily have been top 10 players in 2016, 17 or 18.

After watching summer ball I thought the best 5 players in the 2018 class are Williams, Collier, Zarielle Green, Rhyne Howard and Nicoletti. Having watched a lot of high school games thanks to streaming and access to bigger tourneys in December I would say Green and Williams solidified their spots as my top two. (I thought Green was one of the top players in the class long before I even knew Tennessee would have a chance to get her, just for the record). Athletic, great handle, consistent and versatile offensive game along with being primed to be an elite defender. She is a close second to Williams in the 2018 class for me. Nelson-Ododa may end up being the top player though when it's all said and done, which is a fairly popular opinion.

What do you think of Nyah Green? Overrated?

Reaction Score
Anybody have a take on Ramani Parker? L’ville just got her.

Reminds me of Kiah Stokes. Very long, athletic and dynamic shot blocker. She will be better than Kakala and Shook in the long run IMO. She can stretch the floor with a smooth midrange jump shot but needs to work on consistency and also needs to beef up a little bit more. She has immense potential and fits Louisville's system perfectly which is why I'm not surprised she committed to you guys this early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom