McDonald's AA and 2022-2023 WCBB | The Boneyard

McDonald's AA and 2022-2023 WCBB

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
My annual trek to the McDonald’s HS AA game is something that my family does and will continue to do while in Chicago. This year’s games were exciting and there was a lot to see for the fans and for the first time in a while it looked like all the players were getting along and really enjoyed being around each other no matter of the East or West on their jersey’s.

Tracking these athletes and their college careers is just merely a snapshot. Just because you are a high school AA does not mean you will be a NPOY or even a conference POY. It is a group of talent assembled to play a game for a McGiant size organization.

Below is a breakdown of all these HS players and where they have landed for the 22-23 season. I wanted to put this out earlier, but I was waiting for a couple of things to fall into place including Treasure Hunt’s destination and rosters to go up for the upcoming season. There were some players who I was not sure that were coming back for their extra year of eligibility.

A few things first:

• Four schools welcomed their first McDonalds HS AA (Clemson, Fairfield, Jackson State, & Michigan) and two others did last season, but I did not put this out, so I want to make sure they get their shout out (Arkansas Pine Bluff & Seton Hall).

• Covid changed the landscape here just a little as student athletes that graduated high school early and entered college were not eligible to be name as McDonalds AA's. For example, 2 that would most certainly be on here would be Olivia Miles from Notre Dame and Talia von Oelhoffen of Oregon State.

• Please! Please! Keep in mind that this is just a table of where they are going to school. It does NOT always equal success. Let’s face it. Some people peak in high school or do not get the best coaching in college to reach their potential or just simply see basketball as a way to pay for an education. They are still student athletes.

Number of McDonalds AA for 2022-2023 SeasonSchool NamePlayers
9South CarolinaBeal, Boston, Cooke, Cardoso, Feagin, Hall, Johnson, Cooper, Watkins
8StanfordBelibi, Jones, Prechtel, Brink, Demetre, Iriafen, Betts, Nivar
7ConnecticutGriffin, Bueckers, DeBerry, Ducharme, Fudd, Brady, Patterson
7DukeBalogun, Brown, Taylor, Green, Oliver, Richardson, Jackson
5NC StateBrown-Turner, Hayes, Collins, Baldwin, Rivers
5Notre DameCitron, Westbeld, Bransford, Brown, Watson
4LouisvilleDixon, Cochran, VanLith, Verhulst
4LSUMorris, Gusters, Reese, Johnson
4North CarolinaKelly, Adams, Key, McPherson
4OregonPrince, PaoPao, VanSlooten, Gray
4Southern CaliforniaMarshall, Akunwafo, Gayles, Littleton
4TennesseeHorston, Jackson, Hollingshead, Pissott
4UCLAOsborne, Dugalic, Jaquez, Rice
3ArizonaReese, Nnaji, Clark
3Florida StateMeyers, Massengill, Latson
3TexasHarmon, Hunter, Moore
2ArkansasDauda, Wolfenbarger
2BaylorOwens, Littlepage-Buggs
2KentuckyScherr, Russell
2Oregon StateBeers, Gardiner
2South FloridaWilliams, Puisis
2Texas A&MNixon, Barker
2VirginiaBrunelle, McLean
1Arizona StateHunt
1Arkansas Pine BluffGreen
1AuburnScott-Grayson
1ClemsonWhitehorn
1DePaulPeoples
1FairfieldNicoletti
1HarvardForbes
1IndianaParrish
1IowaClark
1Iowa StateDonarski
1Jackson StateJackson
1MarylandMiller
1MiamiOldacre
1MichiganKampschroeder
1Mississippi StateHayes
1MissouriGilbert
1OklahomaWilliams
1Ole MissScott
1Seton HallPatterson
1St JohnsCooks
1Virginia TechOwusu
1WashingtonDaniels

Here is a breakdown by conference.

ACC33
SEC27
PAC 1227
Big East10
Big 127
Big 104
American2
SWAC2
MAAC1
Ivy League1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My annual trek to the McDonald’s HS AA game is something that my family does and will continue to do while in Chicago. This year’s games were exciting and there was a lot to see for the fans and for the first time in a while it looked like all the players were getting along and really enjoyed being around each other no matter of the East or West on their jersey’s.

Tracking these athletes and their college careers is just merely a snapshot. Just because you are a high school AA does not mean you will be a NPOY or even a conference POY. It is a group of talent assembled to play a game for a McGiant size organization.

Below is a breakdown of all these HS players and where they have landed for the 22-23 season. I wanted to put this out earlier, but I was waiting for a couple of things to fall into place including Treasure Hunt’s destination and rosters to go up for the upcoming season. There were some players who I was not sure that were coming back for their extra year of eligibility.

A few things first:

• Four schools welcomed their first McDonalds HS AA (Clemson, Fairfield, Jackson State, & Michigan) and two others did last season, but I did not put this out, so I want to make sure they get their shout out (Arkansas Pine Bluff & Seton Hall).

• Covid changed the landscape here just a little as student athletes that graduated high school early and entered college were not eligible to be name as McDonalds AA's. For example, 2 that would most certainly be on here would be Olivia Miles from Notre Dame and Talia von Oelhoffen of Oregon State.

• Please! Please! Keep in mind that this is just a table of where they are going to school. It does NOT always equal success. Let’s face it. Some people peak in high school or do not get the best coaching in college to reach their potential or just simply see basketball as a way to pay for an education. They are still student athletes.

Number of McDonalds AA for 2022-2023 Season
School Name
Players
9​
South Carolina​
Beal, Boston, Cooke, Cardoso, Feagin, Hall, Johnson, Cooper, Watkins
8​
Stanford​
Belibi, Jones, Prechtel, Brink, Demetre, Iriafen, Betts, Nivar
7​
Connecticut​
Griffin, Bueckers, DeBerry, Ducharme, Fudd, Brady, Patterson
7​
Duke​
Balogun, Brown, Taylor, Green, Oliver, Richardson, Jackson
5​
NC State​
Brown-Turner, Hayes, Collins, Baldwin, Rivers
5​
Notre Dame​
Citron, Westbeld, Bransford, Brown, Watson
4​
Louisville​
Dixon, Cochran, VanLith, Verhulst
4​
LSU​
Morris, Gusters, Reese, Johnson
4​
North Carolina​
Kelly, Adams, Key, McPherson
4​
Oregon​
Prince, PaoPao, VanSlooten, Gray
4​
Southern California​
Marshall, Akunwafo, Gayles, Littleton
4​
Tennessee​
Horston, Jackson, Hollingshead, Pissott
4​
UCLA​
Osborne, Dugalic, Jaquez, Rice
3​
Arizona​
Reese, Nnaji, Clark
3​
Florida State​
Meyers, Massengill, Latson
3​
Texas​
Harmon, Hunter, Moore
2​
Arkansas​
Dauda, Wolfenbarger
2​
Baylor​
Owens, Littlepage-Buggs
2​
Kentucky​
Scherr, Russell
2​
Oregon State​
Beers, Gardiner
2​
South Florida​
Williams, Puisis
2​
Texas A&M​
Nixon, Barker
2​
Virginia​
Brunelle, McLean
1​
Arizona State​
Hunt
1​
Arkansas Pine Bluff​
Green
1​
Auburn​
Scott-Grayson
1​
Clemson​
Whitehorn
1​
DePaul​
Peoples
1​
Fairfield​
Nicoletti
1​
Harvard​
Forbes
1​
Indiana​
Parrish
1​
Iowa​
Clark
1​
Iowa State​
Donarski
1​
Jackson State​
Jackson
1​
Maryland​
Miller
1​
Miami​
Oldacre
1​
Michigan​
Kampschroeder
1​
Mississippi State​
Hayes
1​
Missouri​
Gilbert
1​
Oklahoma​
Williams
1​
Ole Miss​
Scott
1​
Seton Hall​
Patterson
1​
St Johns​
Cooks
1​
Virginia Tech​
Owusu
1​
Washington​
Daniels

Here is a breakdown by conference.

ACC​
33​
SEC​
27​
PAC 12​
27​
Big East​
10​
Big 12​
7​
Big 10​
4​
American​
2​
SWAC​
2​
MAAC​
1​
Ivy League​
1​
Whoa! Michigan’s first?? :eek: I did not know. It’s hard to believe that Naz Hillmon, a former Wolverine, wasn’t a McDonald’s HS AA.

Thank you for posting the information. ;)

Reaction Score
UConn has 4 international students and at least 2-3 should be in the McDonald's AA.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn't realize that Duke had that many. Plus we have one Tim Horton's All-Canadian team member. :)

I must be getting old... I was scratching my head for a while wondering who the heck is Jackson, and when did we sign her. :oops:

Guess I can go ahead make me one of these t-shirts

order.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn't realize that Duke had that many. Plus we have one Tim Horton's All-Canadian team member. :)

I must be getting old... I was scratching my head for a while wondering who the heck is Jackson, and when did we sign her. :oops:

Guess I can go ahead make me one of these t-shirts

View attachment 76810

Cute. There is something similar to the McD's AA in Canada, however our legendary donut franchise is not involved.

Reaction Score
First time the Terps have not have two McDonald's All-American on the squad since the 2003-04 season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom