McConnell-Serio OUT at Pitt | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McConnell-Serio OUT at Pitt

Reaction Score
These:
"More concerning were allegations by some players of verbal abuse that the school found credible enough to investigate by bringing in an outside firm to look into those claims. It’s not known what the results of that investigation were or if McConnell-Serio’s firing was related to that investigation."

Coaching Change Follows More Transfer Requests, Investigation into McConnell-Serio's Practices
Seems like during the course of a season they could get half the coaches for verbal abuse. Probably half the coaches swear during practice anyway. Is having a “profane mouth” considered verbal abuse?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Seems like during the course of a season they could get half the coaches for verbal abuse. Probably half the coaches swear during practice anyway. Is having a “profane mouth” considered verbal abuse?
Seriously? You think the school started an investigation because someone said WTF? The abuse threshold has to cross a personal lines of derogatory, demeaning and belittling aspects. The allegations usually have to be corroborated by 2 or more members/staff and have to have occurred on more than one occasion. Unfortunately, I am far too familiar with these types of abuses due to witnessing this first hand and seeing a coach removed from their duties (and rightfully so) after...get this...9 different MAJOR issues over a 3 year period.

So the snide or snarky comments about kids being soft I sort of get rankled as no one would want to be called some of the names being called or being told how useless, worthless they are on a daily basis and especially young women who endure more abuse than males. Constructive criticism about one's training, performance or efforts is fair game, but demeaning and personalizing the criticism is off limits as it should be.

Please be a bit more logical and considerate commenting on this far too frequent situation as it has been abundant in all sports.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You think the school started an investigation because someone said WTF? The abuse threshold has to cross a personal lines of derogatory, demeaning and belittling aspects. The allegations usually have to be corroborated by 2 or more members/staff and have to have occurred on more than one occasion. Unfortunately, I am far too familiar with these types of abuses due to witnessing this first hand and seeing a coach removed from their duties (and rightfully so) after...get this...9 different MAJOR issues over a 3 year period.

So the snide or snarky comments about kids being soft I sort of get rankled as no one would want to be called some of the names being called or being told how useless, worthless they are on a daily basis and especially young women who endure more abuse than males. Constructive criticism about one's training, performance or efforts is fair game, but demeaning and personalizing the criticism is off limits as it should be.

Please be a bit more logical and considerate commenting on this far too frequent situation as it has been abundant in all sports.

i actually don’t think coaches should be able to swear period

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Shizam-you have confused me. You made the comment “is having a profane mouth considered verbal abuse” which if you are being serious indicates you really are naive or if you are being snarky, I gave you the perspective of what constitutes verbal abuse and that snark about any form of abuse is unwarranted. So now with you saying you think any form of profane language should be banned, you are intimating you were serious on the thinking swearing is verbal abuse and you are unrealistic in this view. Saying WTF when a play you have practiced and preached 150 times to instill good habits and the player makes a dump instance during a game or a practice can and probably should warrant a WTF to make the point because the 150+repetitions obviously didn’t. That is not abuse. Attacking some one based on race, creed, color, religion, gender is. That should be pretty straightforward. What am I missing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom