maybe we should go back to last year's lineup | The Boneyard

maybe we should go back to last year's lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We don't have kemba and this isn't the time for the KoolAid but maybe a line up of SN,JL, RS,TO and AO. If nothing else it would give these players (especially AO and RS) to find their games.

Reaction Score
I was thinking something along the same lines. Or a lineup of SN, RB, JL, RS, AO/AD. We seemed to do best when we had a roscoe at the 4 and not a true big man. I know olander has gotten much better but roscoe showed he was a good rebounder and shot blocker and always is moving so I'd like to see him get more minutes

Reaction Score
We don't have kemba and this isn't the time for the KoolAid but maybe a line up of SN,JL, RS,TO and AO. If nothing else it would give these players (especially AO and RS) to find their games.
+1

Reaction Score
Based on what? I like RS but his numbers don't show he should be starting.

Reaction Score
Based on we won a national championship with him playing major minutes at the 4 and we haven't shown we can be anywhere near as good a team with AO and Tyler playing the 4. I'm all for the OP.

Reaction Score

Wow, I was going to propose this this morning but thought I'd be terribly ridiculed. We really need Roscoe and Alex.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you guys are saying that AD should be benched, but if you are, then I disagree and think you're insane. I am all for RS getting more minutes at the 4 at TO's expense even though he hasn't shown much/anything this year.

Reaction Score
Let Oriakhi find a nice place at the end of the bench and put in Andre, and keep the OP's lineup. I'd like to see that get some play.

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing. But looks like JC already decided to put Giffey in.

Reaction Score
I am not sure who should play but I have said it a 100 times and I'll say it again- if TO is our starting 4 G we are not going to be that good. End of story. I like the kid and think he has a role to play on the team but we need RS or AO to step up.

AO, DD, RS are all not playing up to expectations so far- that is a huge reason why we have looked out of sorts.

Reaction Score
Agree Scote, if Alex doesn't get it together we will not go far or do very well in the Spring. TO is a great option but not the solution.

The same can be said for Roscoe with NG as a excellent option but not the solution.

Both kids need a break out game and soon, their confidence seems lacking.

Reaction Score
Based on what? I like RS but his numbers don't show he should be starting.
That was the whole point of the post, though. His game is just not in place and part of the reason might be that he hasn't gotten consistent playing time. I'm sort of of the opinion that one problem with this team is that they were the national champions doing certain things. And while obviously Kemba isn't there, and Napier isn't Kemba, the coaching staff has been too anaoured with a bunch of freshmen to the point that have taken a pretty sound, balanced team with sweet chemistry and managed to mess it up. Rather than let Orikhi play through his trouble, as he did last year with pretty impressive results, he's on the bench, likley sulking a bit, replaced by a guy who has lots of potential but isn't any better than a focussed Alex. I'll be pretty surprized if recovers this season. Hope he does, but I'm skeptical. Same with Roscoe Smith. Giffey & Olander are not better than a focussed Roscoe Smith.

H

huskymagic

That was the whole point of the post, though. His game is just not in place and part of the reason might be that he hasn't gotten consistent playing time. I'm sort of of the opinion that one problem with this team is that they were the national champions doing certain things. And while obviously Kemba isn't there, and Napier isn't Kemba, the coaching staff has been too anaoured with a bunch of freshmen to the point that have taken a pretty sound, balanced team with sweet chemistry and managed to mess it up. Rather than let Orikhi play through his trouble, as he did last year with pretty impressive results, he's on the bench, likley sulking a bit, replaced by a guy who has lots of potential but isn't any better than a focussed Alex. I'll be pretty surprized if recovers this season. Hope he does, but I'm skeptical. Same with Roscoe Smith. Giffey & Olander are not better than a focussed Roscoe Smith.

Very true I agree with your post. Oriakhi and Roscoe were big pieces to our championship last year and Calhoun's love for the new freshman has hurt their confidence and game. Olander I like his hustle but no way he can play the 4 spot he is a hybrid 3/4 who cannot bang down low. I have always stated that Roscoe should be in the starting lineup either at the 3 or 4 spot with Daniels/Giffey at the 3 spot.

My ideal starting 5 for us would be

1.) Boatright 2.) Lamb 3.) Daniels/Giffey 4.) Roscoe 5.) Drummond
with an uptempo style of offense which this lineup which suits this team. This lineup would guarantee us a national championship in my opinion. The style of play is the biggest problem with this UConn and uptempo is definitely he answer with quick and athletic guys at every position.

Reaction Score
If RS does what he did last year- which is shut down the best player on the other team- he is doing enough. It seemed to work last year and if other teams can not score they can not win. We need our D to step up and it has been argued that he is our best player on D- so.......

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you guys are saying that AD should be benched, but if you are, then I disagree and think you're insane. I am all for RS getting more minutes at the 4 at TO's expense even though he hasn't shown much/anything this year.

I am not saying AD should be benched. I just want to get Roscoe and Alex back in the flow. Maybe giving them their jobs back will help. AD is so talented that it doesn't matter if he starts or not. Roscoe is our Ricky Moore on D. He has to play.

Reaction Score
Very true I agree with your post. Oriakhi and Roscoe were big pieces to our championship last year and Calhoun's love for the new freshman has hurt their confidence and game. Olander I like his hustle but no way he can play the 4 spot he is a hybrid 3/4 who cannot bang down low. I have always stated that Roscoe should be in the starting lineup either at the 3 or 4 spot with Daniels/Giffey at the 3 spot.

My ideal starting 5 for us would be

1.) Boatright 2.) Lamb 3.) Daniels/Giffey 4.) Roscoe 5.) Drummond
with an uptempo style of offense which this lineup which suits this team. This lineup would guarantee us a national championship in my opinion. The style of play is the biggest problem with this UConn and uptempo is definitely he answer with quick and athletic guys at every position.
And that was the original point of my post. Roscoe and Alex are pining away while their replacements really aren't setting the world on fire. They have to play through their problems if we are going anywhere. I'd like to see Drummond and Olander come off the bench and start seasoned players from a NCC team...flaws and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom