Maybe Warde Manuel is part of a conspiracy | The Boneyard

Maybe Warde Manuel is part of a conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A conspiracy to destroy UConn's athletic program. He shows up on campus, protects the geriatric coach who is putting the football program to sleep when it is actually cheaper to fire Pasqualoni than it is to keep him another year. Then he gives his basketball coach a seven month contract, essentially gutting recruiting. Even when it is apparent that Ollie can coach, Manuel digs in, which will only serve to make Ollie more expensive at season's end since Ollie is probably going to get other offers at this point. Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens are out of the question with UConn's conference situation, so I don't know how Manuel thinks he is going to get to replace Ollie. Pikiell? But Manuel continues to dig in.

The piece d' resistance is the ACC bid. UConn had a bid all but guaranteed. But while Manuel was drinking Mai Tai's and checking out the buffet at the local Hilton, Jurich was driving school to school in the south with hookers and coke, convincing ACC Presidents that a commuter school that had just lost to UConn the week before, was somehow a better football program.

It was like he was sent here to drive our athletic program into the ground at the most crucial time in the program's history.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
A conspiracy to destroy UConn's athletic program. He shows up on campus, protects the geriatric coach who is putting the football program to sleep when it is actually cheaper to fire Pasqualoni than it is to keep him another year. Then he gives his basketball coach a seven month contract, essentially gutting recruiting. Even when it is apparent that Ollie can coach, Manuel digs in, which will only serve to make Ollie more expensive at season's end since Ollie is probably going to get other offers at this point. Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens are out of the question with UConn's conference situation, so I don't know how Manuel thinks he is going to get to replace Ollie. Pikiell? But Manuel continues to dig in.

The piece d' resistance is the ACC bid. UConn had a bid all but guaranteed. But while Manuel was drinking Mai Tai's and checking out the buffet at the local Hilton, Jurich was driving school to school in the south with hookers and coke, convincing ACC Presidents that a commuter school that had just lost to UConn the week before, was somehow a better football program.

It was like he was sent here to drive our athletic program into the ground at the most crucial time in the program's history.

Interesting. This actually reads like a Husky Fan Dan post but with grammar, punctuation and absence of profanity.

#B1GHARDER

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Warde:

400_F_40801941_QZ45WKWVqnQX1LPbTCQ5RmU9Dvyl7RcN.jpg

Reaction Score
A conspiracy to destroy UConn's athletic program. He shows up on campus, protects the geriatric coach who is putting the football program to sleep when it is actually cheaper to fire Pasqualoni than it is to keep him another year. Then he gives his basketball coach a seven month contract, essentially gutting recruiting. Even when it is apparent that Ollie can coach, Manuel digs in, which will only serve to make Ollie more expensive at season's end since Ollie is probably going to get other offers at this point. Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens are out of the question with
UConn's conference situation, so I don't know how Manuel thinks he is going to get to replace Ollie. Pikiell? But Manuel continues to dig in.

The piece d' resistance is the ACC bid. UConn had a bid all but guaranteed. But while Manuel was drinking Mai Tai's and checking out the buffet at the local Hilton, Jurich was
driving school to school in the south with hookers and coke, convincing ACC Presidents that a commuter school that had just lost to UConn the week before, was somehow a better football program.

Actually would be better for him if all this were true. As it is, just stupid, stupid. . . Oh and incompetent.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Interesting. This actually reads like a Husky Fan Dan post but with grammar, punctuation and absence of profanity.

#B1GHARDER

Profanity??? I never see profanity in HFD's posts. Just a whole slew of asterisks!!! :D

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The most nelsonmuntz-est of posts. Love it. Only missing the ESPN angle... for shame, Nelson!

Reaction Score

One of the best posts you have ever made, gets right at the root of the problem.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Maybe the Ollie hiring could have been handled better, but Calhoun left him in a tough place. He inherited P, but is influencing change in play calling for next season. And he's not as visible in the media, which seems to irk some on this board that you are not privy to his every move. But If we get into B1G, we'll all be lining up to kiss his a#%!

Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz, you bring up all good points, Warde just seems to do all the wrong things. Warde...your FIRED!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Maybe the Ollie hiring could have been handled better, but Calhoun left him in a tough place. He inherited P, but is influencing change in play calling for next season. And he's not as visible in the media, which seems to irk some on this board that you are not privy to his every move. But If we get into B1G, we'll all be lining up to kiss his a#%!

He inherited P, true. But the one thing Hathaway did leave him with is a pretty UConn-friendly contract that had only a $1MM buyout. An unpopular coach with a cheap buyout is a dream scenario for a new AD that wants to put his stamp on the program. Now, Pasqualoni is Warde's problem.

Reaction Score
We're going to come through. We have too large a market to be left out.

Reaction Score
Previously neutral or slightly positive, I now think the Susan Herbst/Warde Manuel regime is/will be a disaster for UConn athletics.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People from the outside actually read this board. It's no wonder the Boneyard has so little credibility.

Good point. Manuel has been a smashing success.

Reaction Score
Good point. Manuel has been a smashing success.

There you go with your Waylon Fallacy logic.

It starts with an insane original post, and then someone challenges it, and then you change the topic.

It's possible to think that Warde hasn't been doing well and not believe that it is a conspiracy.

You're a wackjob. Yup, that's a personal attack. Don't give a crap either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There you go with your Waylon Fallacy logic.

It starts with an insane original post, and then someone challenges it, and then you change the topic.

It's possible to think that Warde hasn't been doing well and not believe that it is a conspiracy.

You're a wackjob. Yup, that's a personal attack. Don't give a crap either.

Irony is not your strong suit. Read the original post again.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People from the outside actually read this board. It's no wonder the Boneyard has so little credibility.
Well Zoo now you are forcing me to talk about my theory that Manuel actually is Jeff Hathaway in one of those sumo wrestling padded suits. Far fetched? Well answer me this sir: have you ever seen them together? I thought not.

Reaction Score
Well Zoo now you are forcing me to talk about my theory that Manuel actually is Jeff Hathaway in one of those sumo wrestling padded suits. Far fetched? Well answer me this sir: have you ever seen them together? I thought not.

I just finished watching the first season of Homeland.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Manuel's next step is to let Ollie win 18 or 19 games, get 3-4 major college offers, and then say we couldn't afford him right before we hire some mid-major coach.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Finkle is Einhorn!

Reaction Score
To Warde's credit, it seems he did get us to Hockey East and he did seem to get the BBall practice facility underway. He's only been here for a year and those are pretty good accomplishments. Obviously we have no idea how much he was involved with them, but they happened on his watch. Clearly those aren't the most important topics on a UConn football board, but those were things Hathaway had been working on for quite some time with nothing to show for it.

As for the KO contract, if he signed him to a long term deal before he ever coached a game he would've been a moron. He didn't. He did what he should have done and gave him a chance to show himself. Personally in light of all the off the court conference BS going on I'd like to see him extend him now, but if he wants to wait until the Christmas break that's fine too, and I think his extension will be announced then.

It seems he dropped to ball to the ACC, but it's still way too early to say if that was a failure or not. If it's announced we're going to the B1G, or if he even thought there was a 50/50 chance of being invited and knows that the ACC will always be there as a fall back, then he may have done a brilliant thing. And putting this all conference movements on the AD is idiotic to begin with. Does anyone really think the clusterFs in UMD and RU, probably two of the worst run athletic departments in the country, were selected to the B1G because their ADs are great?

With regards to P, he did what almost any other AD would have done with a 2 year coach that has performed less than expectations. He's underperformed but coaches are rarely fired after just two seasons. What kind of replacement do you think we could have attracted anyway? Do you really think we can attract a great coaching prospect when we fire a guy for winning 5 games? We don't have the BCS card to leverage us over MAC/CUSA teams anymore.

Reaction Score
Dear lord. There are now Boneyard conspiracy theories that UConn's athletic director is part of a conspiracy theory.

It's like I've entered some sort of alternate universe or something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dear lord. There are now Boneyard conspiracy theories that UConn's athletic director is part of a conspiracy theory.

It's like I've entered some sort of alternate universe or something.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
My advice to you ....don't fight it. Just relax and say to yourself. "I believe, I believe, it's silly but I believe."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom