Maybe UMass should be in the mix | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maybe UMass should be in the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can discuss anything with a level of objectivity but the vibe in this forum is low brow.

Okay, help me out. What rhymes with "pantload'?

Reaction Score
Lighten up. I started off yesterday with rational comments and in particularly, explaining the past events of the BC exodus from the perspective of Chestnut Hill and the problems which followed for the BE.

I can discuss anything with a level of objectivity but the vibe in this forum is low brow.

This is the sense I get from Desmond Conner.

I don't take umbrage over petulant internet squabbles. It's fair game. What's astonishing is how thin-skinned you Yukon Pups really are. You guys can dish it out and express all manners of repugnance. When someone gives it back or responds in kind, you feign moral outrage.
You know Conner is a Syracuse guy, right?

Reaction Score
Hey we are just like BCU!

Like every institution, we have our share of high-profile weaknesses and inexcusable lapses but it's a quite a leap to think we're alike.

Reaction Score
Like every institution, we have our share of high-profile weaknesses and inexcusable lapses but it's a quite a leap to think we're alike.

We win championships in sports people watch. So I totally agree.

Reaction Score
We win championships in sports people watch. So I totally agree.

BC prides itself in supporting Student-Athletes. Generally, the school likes to schedule against similar institutions which values the concept of Student-Athleticism.

I'm not convinced that Calhoun recruits Student-Athletes.

Hey, enjoy those SI Limited Edition goodies.

Reaction Score
BC prides itself in supporting Student-Athletes. Generally, the school likes to schedule against similar institutions which values the concept of Student-Athleticism.

I'm not convinced that Calhoun recruits Student-Athletes.

Hey, enjoy those SI Limited Edition goodies.

That's fine, I'm not convinced that Calhoun runs a dirty program. I have no way to know anything from the outside looking in other than the minor stuff that's been reported. All I know is that he's a great coach who is loved by his players and fans and I'm very proud of what he's accomplished at UConn.

Reaction Score
Time to mop the floors followed by a nap.

I'll check back later or never again.

Dr. Ron Paul. 2012.

Occupy Fed Reserve!

Reaction Score
but it's a quite a leap to think we're alike.
Oh, we are definitely nothing alike. One school is successful in athletics and has very good academics, the other has very good academics, and an Eagle as a mascot.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This assclown is polluting every thread on the board. Time for him to go?

Reaction Score
Ah, you thin-skinned Yukon Pups need to forsake your woe-is-me attitude and embrace reality.

The ACC Executives are not going to deliver a gift to you because you hold some loony, far-fetched version of your school.

UMass desperately wants a rivalry with UConn and you guys always wax on about wanting a regional rivalry. Problem solved.
When a team like UConn wins 3 hoop NC's plus a BCS bid, and the superregionals in baseball, and #1 in soccer, then UConn deserves to play on a national schedule.
UMass can't even convince their own state legislature they should move up. Nobody here has far fetched visions of UConn. All visions that UConn fans have of their school are earned on the field/court of play.

Reaction Score

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Student Athletes :D

That was Edsall's old trick as well, when you can't beat someone, exaggerate your problems with academic restrictions. Duke and Stanford actually win at sports with "student athletes", BC lets the Jared Dudley's of the word into school and still stink at everything.

Reaction Score
Read the fine print. The part where he said he never read a book cover-to-cover NON-STOP until that particular one. He graduated in 3 years.

So Kemba increased UConn's lowly graduation rate for Hoops Players from what 30% to.....?

nadav

Reaction Score
So Kemba increased UConn's lowly graduation rate for Hoops Players from what 30% to.....?
But the ACC and BC were cool with Syracuse, who just last year played two scholarships down because of grad rates, Could your school be anymore hypocritical?

Reaction Score
Student Athletes :D

That was Edsall's old trick as well, when you can't beat someone, exaggerate your problems with academic restrictions. Duke and Stanford actually win at sports with "student athletes", BC lets the Jared Dudley's of the word into school and still stink at everything.

Well, isn't there a level of truth to it?

If the SEC can recruit "Students" with extensive criminal records and poor academic aptitude, do you really think its a level playing field in College Football?

As much Edsall has been lobbed since leaving unceremoniously, he's dead-on accurate. The only way to overcome this is by bringing in the right coach like Harbaugh in the right academic institution and recruit the right players with work until amazing things begin to happen.

Harbaugh was successful because Stanford not only has a brand name, they're also in the right conference.

Reaction Score

If the SEC can recruit "Students" with extensive criminal records and poor academic aptitude, do you really think its a level playing field in College Football?

As much darn Edsall has been lobbed since leaving unceremoniously, he's dead-on accurate. The only way to overcome this is by bringing in the right coach like Harbaugh in the right academic institution and recruit the right players with work until amazing things begin to happen.

Harbaugh was successful because Stanford not only has a brand name, they're also in the right conference.

Wow, 69 posts in two days. Impressive

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Wow, 69 posts in two days. Impressive

But apparently "he doesn't care" about UConn. I think the problem is that when you're the most rational and logical Internet troll in history, you need to share your gift.

We're all honored by his brilliance here.

nadav

Reaction Score

As much darn Edsall has been lobbed since leaving unceremoniously, he's dead-on accurate. The only way to overcome this is by bringing in the right coach like Harbaugh in the right academic institution and recruit the right players with work until amazing things begin to happen.

Perhaps you are in the wrong league then. FSU, Miami, Clemson, Carolina, NC State....get kids into school that will help them win games. So do Pitt and Syracuse oh by the way. Harbaugh was competing at Oregon and USC, so it can be done. Academics are no excuse for being bad to mediocre in most every sport, even if its very convenient to place the blame there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember when UConn sucked in hoop and BCU was winning the Big East. BCU won with Connecticut players that couldn't get into UConn and once they got to BCU; they got away with taking only 1 night class in a semester. BCU has always been about talking up the high road while taking the low road.

Reaction Score
Stick around this coming spring, Oh constipated one, as UConn's APR will drastically increase. We just might have another national championship, too!!! And your school will have what???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom