Maybe this was posted in the game thread somewhere | The Boneyard

Maybe this was posted in the game thread somewhere

Reaction Score
But the offense in the second half is a significant reason this game ended up close. Yeah, the D couldn't stop anything but the fumbles and interceptions took a minimum of 14 points off the board. You might add in punt return team too because the dumb block in the back took back a TD. Any one of those TD's in the third or early fourth quarter, this game is a blow out. Against any remaining team on the schedule, blown opportunities like that will end up in an L instead of the W.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yup, definitely. We have a knack for turning the ball over in the red zone. We then started running a more conservative offense which didn’t work as well as our first half approach

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No chest thumping or anything but I mentioned in one of these threads offense in position to hang 70+ points.

Reaction Score
That’s what I’ve been saying. With even a modest defensive effort this game is your typical 56-28 type 1A blowout of a 1AA. Avoid the turnovers and that is also true. Score on one of the early 3rd quarter drives and it’s likely the same thing. 49-28 and it’s good night Irene.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That’s what I’ve been saying. With even a modest defensive effort this game is your typical 56-28 type 1A blowout of a 1AA. Avoid the turnovers and that is also true. Score on one of the early 3rd quarter drives and it’s likely the same thing. 49-28 and it’s good night Irene.
Agree, of course none of those things actually happened so....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yes, the offense continues to commit stupid, drive killing penalties and turnovers. We won't get away with that even against mediocre AAC teams.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No problem with the play. The play would have scored.

Much better than going into a shell. Rather have an occasional miscue than have the OC call a scared game.
I mean, we handed off to a true freshman WR who looked like he had never accepted a handoff in his life. Could have gone offtackle right to Mensah three times and scored from there.

Reaction Score
I mean, we handed off to a true freshman WR who looked like he had never accepted a handoff in his life. Could have gone offtackle right to Mensah three times and scored from there.
You have to assume he has taken multiple handoffs before and the play worked in practice. They wouldn’t have tried it if they didn’t. I’m glad the did.

Reaction Score

Maybe, maybe not. I have do not problem with NOT going off tackle three times in a row.

That kind of safe - hope nothing goes wrong- mentality has been a far bigger problem over the years.

Maybe they should have used different personnel, but the play was wide open it should not have been that much harder than an off tackle play.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. I have do not problem with NOT going off tackle three times in a row.

That kind of safe - hope nothing goes wrong- mentality has been a far bigger problem over the years.

Maybe they should have used different personnel, but the play was wide open it should not have been that much harder than an off tackle play.
I’m with pal on this. It was a nice call that was poorly executed. It happens especially with freshmen. You hope they can perform but they don’t always.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yes, the offense continues to commit stupid, drive killing penalties and turnovers. We won't get away with that even against mediocre AAC teams.

We aren't going to move the ball that way against just about all AAC teams. And a bunch of them can score the way RI does. Right now the O is in the terrible position of having to score at least 75% of the time. I wonder what the NCAA record is for fewest punts allowed.

Reaction Score
That play showed one of the issues with playing true frost. If you use them you need them to be able to exacute the playbook. This is the second time a freshman has fumbled on a key play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom