Maybe there is someone else to fire. | The Boneyard

Maybe there is someone else to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Benedict "can't fire" BD because he is not gonna be allowed, the maybe we need to start calling for Susan H to be terminated. Maybe she needs to view this situation as . . . either he goes or she goes.

Reaction Score
You do realize elite universities can handle sucking at football, right?

Colorado apparently couldn't. Same for Kentucky. And Tennessee. Let's see how long Oregon, South Carolina and Texas handle sucking. Or maybe, UCONN is so elite that it can handle sucking at Men's BB too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Benedict "can't fire" BD because he is not gonna be allowed, the maybe we need to start calling for Susan H to be terminated. Maybe she needs to view this situation as . . . either he goes or she goes.

I hate Herbst but this is ridiculous

Reaction Score
Someone needs to go . . . Susan Herbst? Dave Benedict? Bob Diaco? I know who I'd wanna see leave, but maybe the blame for UConn's embarrassment to the entire state can be laid at someone else's feet.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Our first priority as a state institute of higher learning is not football. That would be a pretty hard sell. But don't get me wrong, I understand where the feeling comes from. Diaco must go....Benedict and Herbst must fully support that. If they don't, Saturday afternoons will look a lot different then we had hoped a few short years ago. But UCONN will still be a great academic institution.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Colorado apparently couldn't. Same for Kentucky. And Tennessee. Let's see how long Oregon, South Carolina and Texas handle sucking. Or maybe, UCONN is so elite that it can handle sucking at Men's BB too.

You realize UConn as an institution is better than all those schools but Texas... And we can't be compared to Texas because they are in one of the nest states for football recruiting.

Reaction Score
Given our success in basketball, it seems we can be a punching bag for the greater good in football. We helped revive SMU football. Twice, I think. We sure helped SMU in basketball.

Besides, if basketball isn't so important in college athletics, why the heck is Michigan football wearing a brand that silhouettes a basketball player for the company logo?

Reaction Score
Colorado hasn't been to a bowl in 10 years, Kentucky 6 or 7 .

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I want UConn to be #1 in academics before anything. Alumni & Grew up 15 miles from Storrs.
Academics are only going to improve if we get into a power conference (or at least a ravaged Big 12) and start to play better. Basketball put Storrs on the map, and football had made it stay there until about 5 years ago. Our US News & World ranking went DOWN this year for the first time in a long time. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom