Maybe The Schedule Is Too Much | The Boneyard

Maybe The Schedule Is Too Much

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Maybe our schedule for this young group is too much too soon." Yup, that's Geno talking. He also says Evina is still working her way back. An article of this and that directed to the approaching season.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
"Maybe our schedule for this young group is too much too soon." Yup, that's Geno talking. He also says Evina is still working her way back. An article of this and that directed to the approaching season.

So, if they have a bad season, he will say: " I told you in November, it might be too much."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Full quote consistent with Geno's often stated desire to test his club early and often

“And our games there will be really enlightening. If we play Mississippi State, that’s a top-5 opponent right there. And facing Louisville will be a great situation for our players to be in. Maybe our schedule for this young group is too much too soon. But the more we’re challenged the more it’s good for our team. We’ll see if we’re ready for it.”

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey, I read that too and agree context is important as it was not nearly as "down" as the quote appears on it's own. Maybe this was Rocky's way of "teasing" the article to get us to read it? Well played, I say, well played... :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey, I read that too and agree context is important as it was not nearly as "down" as the quote appears on it's own. Maybe this was Rocky's way of "teasing" the article to get us to read it? Well played, I say, well played... :rolleyes:
Bingo!

Reaction Score
Geno downplaying what a very young team could accomplish, and he's focusing the attention on himself?
John Calipari has a young team. We’ve got two juniors, both experienced, one a #1 high school player and two sophomores that contributed and the #1 high school player from last year and a couple of other key frosh. Liv ain’t a project. How many bigs in WCBB are better than her? It‘s Christyn’s time. Let’s show some swag! Team doesn’t have to go undefeated! BTW when did that start? They have to get better and play their best at the end of the year!

Reaction Score
So we shouldn’t be surprised if they lose to Mississippi St and Louisville?

Reaction Score
I think if you asked, individually, every member and every coach on the team if they feel the schedule is "too much, too soon" they would stifle a laugh and look at you with completely innocent eyes and "Wow, I certainly hope not."

""'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom