Maybe Rothstein should reconsider? | The Boneyard

Maybe Rothstein should reconsider?

Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein: ACC Is The Best League In The History Of The Sport

Best league ever (ACC) was an embarrassment yesterday with 2 of their teams getting trounced in their round of 32, one scoring 39 points, yeah count it 39 that's dreadful on the part of Bennett and Virginia. And FSU, well Leonards a great guy but we almost exppect this don't we? Miami got ripped apart the first round in an embarrassing manner and the only once's left are LVille, Duke and UNC. VaTech first round, Wake prior to 1st round and ND gone. Cuse in the NIT at home to add to the wonderful misery of this "best league ever"

They have 3 left, the Big East had 3 in the FF with the 4th losing in OT to LVille trying to make it a sweep. The best league was the Big East and probably at least a half a dozen separate years they were better than this ACC - c'mon Jon man up and eat crow!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ACC is 6-7 if I recall, so far. They have Duke and UNC left, right? The two flagship programs are left to carry the acc.

Reaction Score
ACC is 6-7 if I recall, so far. They have Duke and UNC left, right? The two flagship programs are left to carry the acc.

I think 6-6. And how many did we have to 'carry' the Big East? Just about every time, as I recall.

If Duke and UNC flame out "early" (e.g. pre-Final Four) Rothstein will look a bigger fool. Imo, the 2015 ACC was stronger than this year's edition.

Reaction Score
I think 6-6. And how many did we have to 'carry' the Big East? Just about every time, as I recall.

If Duke and UNC flame out "early" (e.g. pre-Final Four) Rothstein will look a bigger fool. Imo, the 2015 ACC was stronger than this year's edition.
You have an issue with Wake?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
UConn had to go through Cincy to get there, and Marquette through Syracuse, right? Not really fair.
True but on the other hand, we were guaranteed 2 Sweet 16 teams.

Reaction Score
The ACC was overrated long before this tournament. They are a combined 4-18 against the Big 12 and Big East.

Overrated doesn't mean they can't still be the best. Duke finished, what, fifth? And there as popular a pick as any to win the championship. If we're going to give the 2011 Big East credit for a ninth place team winning the title, we would have to extend the same to the ACC, especially if they go through UNC to do it.

I felt all year that the ACC had three really good teams, extreme depth at the bottom (Pitt or Clemson would have been like the third best team in the AAC), and an overrated middle. Notre Dame, Virginia, Florida State, and Miami were all inflated by perception. You could have switched a handful of teams from the middle of the Big East, Big 12, or Big Ten and they would have done the same thing. There was absolutely nothing special about those teams.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein: ACC Is The Best League In The History Of The Sport

Best league ever (ACC) was an embarrassment yesterday with 2 of their teams getting trounced in their round of 32, one scoring 39 points, yeah count it 39 that's dreadful on the part of Bennett and Virginia. And FSU, well Leonards a great guy but we almost exppect this don't we? Miami got ripped apart the first round in an embarrassing manner and the only once's left are LVille, Duke and UNC. VaTech first round, Wake prior to 1st round and ND gone. Cuse in the NIT at home to add to the wonderful misery of this "best league ever"

They have 3 left, the Big East had 3 in the FF with the 4th losing in OT to LVille trying to make it a sweep. The best league was the Big East and probably at least a half a dozen separate years they were better than this ACC - c'mon Jon man up and eat crow!
It's in Rothsteins interest to change the status quo, the media has the voice to do it they just have to write it and people will believe it.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
He just argues regular season depth and that the teams beat each other up they were so good. It's not like the Big East in 10/11 didn't have eitherHead bang.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Didn't you all hear? The flavor of the month is always the best. Ever.;)

Reaction Score
puke gag.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom