Maybe Ollie could learn from Big Bird | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maybe Ollie could learn from Big Bird

Reaction Score
Well, if we can extend the narrative to the muppet show, we would be the sarcastic grumpy old guys in the theater
LOL. Statler and Waldorf.

I was thinking Miller and Blaney.

StatlerWaldorf.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm afraid I'm more from the "Captain Kangaroo" generation, although I never cared for that show. I vaguely remember "Howdy Doody" and the "Mickey Mouse Club", but only from reruns. My son was more into "Pee Wee Herman's Playhouse" (if that's the correct name of his show) than "Sesame Street". My much older sister was in love with Roy Rogers.
Seasame Street was a big part of my childhood from like 2-4. Pee Wee was a big part from like 5-8. Different roles, different itches. Incidentally while Teeny Little Super Guy was likely my favorite segment on Seasame Street, Big Bird was my favorite character. That time he was blue and locked up in the movie was about as emotionally scarring as Dumbo or Bambi were to 3-year old me.

Reaction Score
Seasame Street was a big part of my childhood from like 2-4. Pee Wee was a big part from like 5-8. Different roles, different itches. Incidentally while Teeny Little Super Guy was likely my favorite segment on Seasame Street, Big Bird was my favorite character. That time he was blue and locked up in the movie was about as emotionally scarring as Dumbo or Bambi were to 3-year old me.

I wasn't keeping score but I have to imagine that for me the Sesame Street era extended far longer than two years. People forget about how integral a trip to Sesame Place is to the formation of an identity at that age. Anyone who has ever been will know what I'm talking about and quite frankly others should remain silent on the subject.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Big bird taught me a lot growing up.

My parents say I watched follow that bird all the the time and Sesame Street Christmas in June.

And I also really enjoyed Zubilee Zoo.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The Emmy goes to AW for Post of The Year and a lifetime supply of Cookie’s favorite chocolate chips.

Cookie, by the way, was known for his monster dunks, that always started the Big Red Elmo cheer “Gimme an S, E, S, A ...” cheer.

My kids loved Sesame, I’m a Howdy Doody kid (Mitch McConnel looks like Dillydally). The UConn D looks like Flubadub, an unrecognizable creature.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom