Maybe a sellout for opening Night | The Boneyard

Maybe a sellout for opening Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thursday, Sept. 3, marks the University of Connecticut football team`s first home game of the 2015 season. It`s also the first event in the newly renamed Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, and you`re invited to help commemorate the occasion.

Now through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 2, Pratt & Whitney employees can purchase tickets to the game at a special Pratt & Whitney discounted rate of $10.

Game day highlights will include:

· A designated Pratt & Whitney tailgating section for employees and their families. Note: employees will be responsible for providing their own tailgating food and beverage.

· Tailgating activities including kids’ games and meet-and-greets with Jonathan the Husky, the UConn cheerleaders and Challenger the Bald Eagle.

· T-shirts for Pratt & Whitney fans to wear to the game.

· A ceremonial coin toss with Tom Prete, Pratt & Whitney Engineering vice president.

· A fly-over by Challenger the Bald Eagle during the National Anthem.

· A coupon for food purchases inside the stadium

Reaction Score
Thursday, Sept. 3, marks the University of Connecticut football team`s first home game of the 2015 season. It`s also the first event in the newly renamed Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, and you`re invited to help commemorate the occasion.

Now through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 2, Pratt & Whitney employees can purchase tickets to the game at a special Pratt & Whitney discounted rate of $10.

· A designated Pratt & Whitney tailgating section for employees and their families. Note: employees will be responsible for providing their own tailgating food and beverage.

· Tailgating activities including kids’ games and meet-and-greets with Jonathan the Husky, the UConn cheerleaders and Challenger the Bald Eagle.

· T-shirts for Pratt & Whitney fans to wear to the game.

· A ceremonial coin toss with Tom Prete, Pratt & Whitney Engineering vice president.

· A fly-over by Challenger the Bald Eagle during the National Anthem.

· A coupon for food purchases inside the stadium

Wow, I think it's super how they do all this great stuff for the season ticket holders......

Reaction Score
I hope they do something for PW employees for future seasons.
No fees when ordering ST or parking pass or a reduced price on pass/ST.

Even if they waive the order charge/fee, it might help overall ST sales.

Reaction Score
Also season ticket holders that went to the BBQ were given free tickets to the game when leaving.

Reaction Score
Would be nice for other F500 companies in Ct. to step up in similar fashion. Not necessarily every game, but with seven home games you only need 7 companies to step up one time each.

I like your thinking, with the AAC championship game being game number 7. :cool:

Reaction Score
maybe get some who would't normally have any interest in going to a game through the turnstiles. And if they have a good time they'll come back in the future. This program needs everything it can get at this point. I like it.

Reaction Score
Great idea! Welcome anyone you see with a Pratt & Whitney shirt. We must build the fan base by any means. (I do realize winning will cure all but in the mean time..:D.) I also like Chins idea of reaching out to other F500 companies. They should also reach out to public safety groups like police and fire departments with many being of the competitive spirit.
I will say though over all my highlight of the OP is we have Challenger The Bald Eagle in The Dog House! If this does not get a lot of people in their seats early nothing will. Let's show the new fans how to get loud and proud and sing the National Anthem while watching the spectacle of Challenger!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Wow, I think it's super how they do all this great stuff for the season ticket holders.
sarcasm, or no? If the former you will get a like. Freebies and trinkets and discounts to everyone except the season ticket holders and donates. They get a hat, and that has not even arrived. The Athletic Dept can GFT

Reaction Score
Is P&W doing this for their employees, or UConn's AD doing it for P&W employees? Either way, I'm all for efforts to attract new fans. I'm a season ticket holder, and don't have a problem with it at all.

Reaction Score
Is P&W doing this for their employees, or UConn's AD doing it for P&W employees? Either way, I'm all for efforts to attract new fans. I'm a season ticket holder, and don't have a problem with it at all.
UConn is the one offering the discount.

Reaction Score
sarcasm, or no? If the former you will get a like. Freebies and trinkets and discounts to everyone except the season ticket holders and donates. They get a hat, and that has not even arrived. The Athletic Dept can GFT
Season ticket holders's get their hat and concession discount cup at the first game.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Season ticket holders's get their hat and concession discount cup at the first game.
Charlie Foxtrot. The hat is supposedly personalized by year you started getting tix. I can see it now at the game as people bump into you and spill their hooch on your back as you stretch to get the '1999' hat

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Great idea! Welcome anyone you see with a Pratt & Whitney shirt. We must build the fan base by any means. (I do realize winning will cure all but in the mean time..:D.) I also like Chins idea of reaching out to other F500 companies. They should also reach out to public safety groups like police and fire departments with many being of the competitive spirit.
I will say though over all my highlight of the OP is we have Challenger The Bald Eagle in The Dog House! If this does not get a lot of people in their seats early nothing will. Let's show the new fans how to get loud and proud and sing the National Anthem while watching the spectacle of Challenger!

This is AWESOME!!! I hope they do this for every game.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I may just start tailgating on Monday. With the butterflies running rampant, I won't be able to work all week anyway so I may as well take the week.
Who's in??

Reaction Score

So it sounds like I will be receiving all of the same benefits as a P & W Employee ... just by buying a parking pass ....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I wrote in that offseason survey last year that I don't mind the university/AD discounting tickets to attract more fans to games, even if I wind up paying double the discounted price, as long as there are some sort of loyalty recognition programs in place for Season ticket holders. The discounted concessions and extra hour of tailgating, to me, is a very nice good-faith effort by the school/AD in recognizing its loyal Season ticket holders. Also, we were able to renew our exact seat locations if we wanted without any fuss and I, personally, was able to transfer our account from my friend's name to my name because he now lives in FL and no longer goes to games. Same seats location, just minus a few seats.

They obviously can't "advertise" this, but my dream of all motherload dreams is that they only renewed Season ticket holders for 1 year because they are planning on a P5 announcement sometime before the next cycle. Everyone who renewed/purchased tickets this year will be grandfathered into their seat locations for the first wave of B1G conference football.

Anyway, for a P5 to happen, we need to somehow some way get fannies into the Rent. I'm well aware that the price I paid for tickets is going to wind up being 300% or more the average cost of gameday tickets once the season starts. I will be VERY happy to see 30K+ at our home games for every game even if they paid $5 for their tickets...especially if I can continue to sit in section 139 when Ohio State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Rutgers, etc come to the Rent! :)

Reaction Score

**when it goes dark just click the you-tube logo on bottom right of video**

Tom Prete P&W Vice President, Engineering

>>In 2008, he was inducted into the University of Connecticut School of Engineering Academy of Distinguished Engineers, reserved for alumni who have consistently demonstrated professional achievements and advanced the quality and reputation of the School of Engineering. Prete also serves on the University of Connecticut's School of Engineering Senior Advisory Board and is an inducted member of the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Connecticut, a Master of Science degree in mechanical engineering from Rensselaer at Hartford and an MBA from the University of Connecticut<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom