Maya's NOT going to Valencia until January?? why..? | The Boneyard

Maya's NOT going to Valencia until January?? why..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I must have missed something-- and she wasn't at First Night....glad i did not book my trip to Old Valencia to see the Ros Casares' yet.... was gonna go mid-November or early December.... And no Ex-UConn women players were at 1st night, or at least were announced, stars or otherwise-- newtimers (playing overseas). oldtimers, no one ... Doris Burke must have been the women's rep.... guess men's basketball is more ........ (and why dont threads open up like old board(or did i miss something?)) ....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This was discussed a few weeks ago - Maya was simply quoted as saying she wanted to take a break and relax after the WNBA finals, for the rest of 2011. She has had a very busy 2010-2011 and she simply wants to rest after a pretty intense period.

Also, she is presumably making a substantial chunk of $ from her Nike contract, so there is no huge pressure on her to go over right away. I'm glad she's taking the break !

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep, Mike has it right. She needs a break.

She was accustomed to playing about 40 games a year. In the past year, she played in 38 college games, 42 WNBA games, about 10 Team USA games, and some pre-season games. Plus, she was running everywhere for media appointments and award ceremonies. She does need a break.

Oh, she won most of the games she played!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom