Maya's first regular season game and the HC game. | The Boneyard

Maya's first regular season game and the HC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Moore had a spectacular opening game against Stoney Brook coming off the bench to score 21 points on 8-12 shooting, 3-4 on 3's. She also had 10 rebounds, 8 offensive and 4 assists with only 1 TO. On top of all that she had 2 blocks and 4 steals. All in 20 minutes.

Quite the debut, wouldn't you say?

The following game, I had the pleasure to attend in person and watched her score 31 points on 14-16 shooting hitting her only 3. She also had 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 TO 4 steals and 3 blocks.

I left that game knowing that UConn had something special.

Reaction Score
That 31 point game was against Holy Cross. Yes, quite impressive.

Maya also showed that she was a ready for prime time player in her first exhibition game agasint Team USA. She enters the game after the first media timeout and nails her first shot - as I recall, after a steal off a rebounded miss free throw; Then nailed her second shot, a three from the left corner. Maya showed that she was not only ready for prime time as a freshman, but was ready to shoot without hesitation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another comparison between Kaleena and Maya? :)

After the Team USA exhibition game, Diana declared, "Maya is The Man."

Watching Maya for the first time, it became apparent that she was as good as advertised, maybe even better. We knew the future was bright. 150 wins later, she moved on to win championships at even higher levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom