The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
1:17 to go, 93 - 72
93 - 74

under a minute

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
and a three by Phoenix...players getting their bows and they are subbed out of the game.....

40.6 to go

Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:
Did Maya score in the 4th quarter?

No. Minnesota had 2 points as a team in the 4th when they emptied the bench (a Whalen layup on a drive). The Lynx bench then scored nine points in 1:30.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Looking for a final score with 19.4 to go

Diana has 31 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists...my pick for player of the game...let's see what happens

Final Phoenix 96 - Lynx 78...congrats Western Conference Champs!!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
minny didn't score for 7 minutes towards the end of the game. Sad.
Tonight, Phoenix showed that they had what it takes to get the job done. Congratulations to them.
They haven't announced player of the game, but I need to sign off. My vote hasn't changed.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Shots from behind the midcourt line ought to count at least 4, mebbe 6. Incidentally, BG was also magnificent.

Reaction Score
It's not her first rodeo, man. been there done that. She gloated the first time way back when
No she didn't - just ran in for half time, as if that's just the way it's s'posed to be. Later they interviewed her and asked her about the "prayer", and she said "Whaaa? That wasn't a prayer, that was a SHOT."

Same face this time

Reaction Score
My congrats to Phoenix, what a performance, and a shame that the Lynx melted down in the final quarter - an anticlimatic end to a great series.

I fully expect that the finals will be a similar story - Phoenix in three.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
j66kicker said:
No she didn't - just ran in for half time, as if that's just the way it's s'posed to be. Later they interviewed her and asked her about the "prayer", and she said "Whaaa? That wasn't a prayer, that was a SHOT."

Same face this time

I stand corrected, my memory is a little fuzzy... it was a long time ago

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In Game 2, for whatever reason, DT was the distributor and was too often the second or third option on offense. With her game lacking tempo her shooting was very off. The real Phoenix game and DT showed up last night. I agree with those who think DT is the best player in the game today. Maya carried her team this year and deserves MVP recognition, but in overall game and team contributions, DT is still The One. She has me soaring high this AM.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Same face this time
I stand corrected, my memory is a little fuzzy... it was a long time ago

THen again...at about the 21 - 22 second mark....I don't know, I think I saw a smile....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
and then a long time ago, not as long as above, and in a land far, far, away....

You just gotta know Dee

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Same face this time

I believe you are referring to that 60+ footer she nailed vs. Tennessee at halftime a few years ago.

My recollection is that when asked, later, if that was a favorite spot to shoot from, she said, "Yeah, but at the other basket."

"Booing? I thought they were mooing."

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I believe you are referring to that 60+ footer she nailed vs. Tennessee at halftime a few years ago.

My recollection is that when asked, later, if that was a favorite spot to shoot from, she said, "Yeah, but at the other basket."

"Booing? I thought they were mooing."

Classic Dee...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In Game 2, for whatever reason, DT was the distributor and was too often the second or third option on offense. With her game lacking tempo her shooting was very off. The real Phoenix game and DT showed up last night. I agree with those who think DT is the best player in the game today. Maya carried her team this year and deserves MVP recognition, but in overall game and team contributions, DT is still The One. She has me soaring high this AM.

DT had a great game 3, but she was not the "distributor" in game 2 as she took 10 more shots than the teammate with the next most shot attempts and 15 more shots than Griner. DT took 6 more shots in game 2 than she had in game 3 and she had more assists in game 3 than she did in game 2. I felt that she took too many shots in game 2 and game 3 was a much better number of shots and much better shot selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom