Maya steals game in last minute | The Boneyard

Maya steals game in last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yeah that was a nice sequence near the end, and the cameras didn't even pick up the steal.....they finally showed Maya when she was almost at the rim for the layup!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was only able to watch a few minutes in the first half during which Diana was T'd up on one of the worst calls I've seen in a long time. I've been critical of D on those occasions when her emotions get the best of her and she deserves to be T'd up. But this call was horrible. She was fouled driving to the basket and after the foul her hand inadvertently came down and hit Dev Peters in the face. D drew the foul but received a technical for inadvertently hitting Peters in the face. I think this technical is #7 or #8 and should result in D being suspended for the Merc's next game. I have to believe, however, that Phoenix will appeal to the league office. It was ridiculous. The people sitting at the scorer's table were holding their heads in their hands in disbelief.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I was there. The Merc really lost because they went through about 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter where they didn't play anything resembling team basketball. A lot of the rest of the game, they played really well. And they still could have won if some bounces had gone their way.

As to Diana, the biggest problem is that she has a "rep". It isn't fair, but she did bring it on herself. Yes, she gets fouled and they don't always get called, and yes, she can get called unfairly, as occurred this game. But she also gets away with plenty, she started heading up court with the ball one play, and as she passed McCarville she gave her a serious elbow (not noticed by the ref's). But she whines that she is always fouled and she never commits one. And I like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom