Maya starts on fire!!! | The Boneyard

Maya starts on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
2-2 from three point range, 3-4 overall, 8 points early. Lynx up 15-3.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And...then she picks up two quick fouls, both on DT.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
BTW, I cannot possibly be the only person watching this game, am I? I'm liking Geno as a color guy, too.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It's not called being on fire when you are that good

Reaction Score
Nope, you're not the only one. Geno's comment on DT from last game...saying that she crossed the line into "reckless." A true assessment and one that hopefully she'll hear.

Reaction Score
It's definitely fun having Geno commentating on this game between his two best players ever...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's definitely fun having Geno commentating on this game between his two best players ever...
Especially when Charde, Swanier, and Rebecca are also involved in the game. Yet another UConn advertisement.

Maya went to the bench, and seems to have gotten cold. Hasn't scored yet this quarter.

Lynx have cooled off just a bit, and the Mercury may be waking up. I bet this game gets tight before all is said and done.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
19 point lead down to 7 very fast. that was fun to see if ur a Phx fan!

Reaction Score
Lynx seem to have too many weapons. Maya started off hot, then came Augustus. And there hasn't really been a Whalen sighting other than that hustle play to end the half. Brunson on the boards. Wiggins off the bench, etc.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno did a great job as a commentator last night and as FOX would say, he was fair and balanced when commenting about UConn players.

Reaction Score
Lynx seem to have too many weapons. Maya started off hot, then came Augustus. And there hasn't really been a Whalen sighting other than that hustle play to end the half. Brunson on the boards. Wiggins off the bench, etc.

Yes. As an opposing coach, you really have to pick your poison with them. They have a lot of weapons.

But big props to Seimone Augustus so far. This is her first playoff experience and it seems as if she has elevated her play even more for the Lynx. She's fun to watch.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Taj appears to have been simply an irresistable force in the middle for the Lynx.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with all that has been posted.

As was mentioned last night, Minnesota scores and plays defense.

Augustus is great, the rest of the team is very good. to me, the difference for Minnesota is Rebekkah Brunson as the role player in the mold of Dennis Rodman, Kurt Rambis, Horace Grant, et al; A presence in the middle that does not demand the ball. Tammy Sutton-Brown does a similar job for Indiana. Who knew how effecive these ladies would be as pros? I certainly was not among them.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As Geno and the announcers said, Maya went invisible when Simone got hot. Like she did at UConn when others starting making shots, she did other things to help the team win. IMHO at times, she stops looking for her shots when its not necessary.

Reaction Score
As Geno and the announcers said, Maya went invisible when Simone got hot. Like she did at UConn when others starting making shots, she did other things to help the team win. IMHO at times, she stops looking for her shots when its not necessary.
I agree. It's nothing new but i'm not sure Geno thinks it's a good thing at this level. I sure don't.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I agree. It's nothing new but i'm not sure Geno thinks it's a good thing at this level. I sure don't.
I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul