Maya on Fiya vs. Tulsa today... | The Boneyard

Maya on Fiya vs. Tulsa today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
26 points and 7 boards so far in the first half with a minute left in the 2nd quarter. Way to go Maya!!!

oh, and by the way, the Lynx are up by about 17...

Reaction Score
Maya cannot be stopped down low with one person...
Amber Harris needs to get in shape...
How many times will Candice Wiggins dribble into the same double-team...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
by the way, the most effective team on the court was Whalen, Wiggins, Augustus, Moore and Harris. Wright (-1) and McWilliams-Franklin (+3) started, but the team was way more effective with them on the bench... and Wiggins and Harris did not score (but they were +18 and +12 respectively)

Reaction Score
Her and Whalen have simply been toying with Tulsa so far. Their "Big 3" have certainly done the damage this afternoon. Seimone has 13 at halftime.

Glory Johnson has been active for Tulsa. 14 points and 8 boards...a lot of missed chippies though.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya cannot be stopped down low with one person...
Amber Harris needs to get in shape...
How many times will Candice Wiggins dribble into the same double-team...
i'll admit i've not seen much of Wiggins except for on national TV but she does like to chuck up the shots!

Reaction Score
Don't know why, but I always had the impression she was a headier player in college?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Chippy game. Taj was hot, as she pointed her finger and had some stern words for Glory Johnson. I think the bandage under Taj's nose came after getting tangled with Glory a few games ago.

Reaction Score
Glory has those bony elbows, and they just seem to have a life of their own! :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What a wonderful way for Ms. Maya to head across the pond; on fire the last two, high percentage, all the intangibles, big wins. Go get um!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Miss Maya has that look in her eyes...!
The "I am taking this damn game over now" look. Tuning up for the big stage in London.

30ncaablog1.jpg

Reaction Score
Maya got the biggest round of applause when the Lynx came to Atlanta to closeout the WNBA Finals against the Dream...she's the hometown girl wherever she goes! ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just watched the Lynx/Shock game on WNBA Live Access.... great game for us Maya fans!

I saw also that Nneka just went for 22 & 20 against the Fever...! :eek: ..that's Tina-like!

Sparks and Minny are going to be locked in a real battle in the 2nd half of the season in the West.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just watched the Lynx/Shock game on WNBA Live Access.... great game for us Maya fans!

I saw also that Nneka just went for 22 & 20 against the Fever...! :eek: ..that's Tina-like!

Sparks and Minny are going to be locked in a real battle in the 2nd half of the season in the West.
Nneka tied the league record with 12 offensive boards. She should thank her teammates for missing so many shots. :)

Nneka wearing blue? It doesn't look right after 4 years in Cardinal and white.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Lets not forget that Ms. Glory J had 30 points and 14 boards, pretty amazing. I'm delighted that she's doing so well, lots of undeveloped talent coming out of college and now it looks like the athleticism and potential we always heard about is being realized.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Don't forget about San Antonio. they beat both LA and Minny in the past 2 weeks. Minny better hope they win the division so LA and SA can battle it out in the 1st round of the playoffs... Nneka is already a star tho.

Reaction Score
Lets not forget that Ms. Glory J had 30 points and 14 boards, pretty amazing. I'm delighted that she's doing so well, lots of undeveloped talent coming out of college and now it looks like the athleticism and potential we always heard about is being realized.

Several of the ladies out on the floor need to ask Glory what her workout regimen is...especially Amber Harris!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Don't forget about San Antonio. they beat both LA and Minny in the past 2 weeks. Minny better hope they win the division so LA and SA can battle it out in the 1st round of the playoffs... Nneka is already a star tho.

Great point - San Antonio is on an absolute tear. If they can play with consistency in the 2nd half, they will be right there as well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I, too, would like to see Glory do well. The young woman was simply a warrior for the LVs this past year. Wish she could have been a Husky.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I, too, would like to see Glory do well. The young woman was simply a warrior for the LVs this past year. Wish she could have been a Husky.
In the few LV games that I saw, Glory was battling on the boards and playing very hard. Her effort was admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom