Maya on Asjha post game | The Boneyard

Maya on Asjha post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I loved this quote from Maya on Jones role in the second half:
She comes in, and she does her job. I have so much confidence in her. She’s somebody who I think brings a sense of ease to every situation, because she doesn’t rush, and always plays within herself, always plays at her pace. I’m not saying it’s a slow pace, but she plays in her rhythm, and she makes you play at her rhythm, when she’s guarding you, it’s so fun to watch that poise. That’s the word. She plays with poise. It really made a different for us in that fourth quarter, to really extend the lead. I was really happy that she came in and did that for us.
I really noticed this on the offensive end when she was playing the high post. The USA offense just seemed to be so calm when at times it had seemed frenetic. She didn't score (or shoot?) but she just seemed to bring a poise to the team - good word choice by Maya.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She comes in, and she does her job. I have so much confidence in her. She’s somebody who I think brings a sense of ease to every situation, because she doesn’t rush, and always plays within herself, always plays at her pace. I’m not saying it’s a slow pace, but she plays in her rhythm, and she makes you play at her rhythm, when she’s guarding you, it’s so fun to watch that poise. That’s the word. She plays with poise. It really made a different for us in that fourth quarter, to really extend the lead. I was really happy that she came in and did that for us.
I really noticed this on the offensive end when she was playing the high post. The USA offense just seemed to be so calm when at times it had seemed frenetic. She didn't score (or shoot?) but she just seemed to bring a poise to the team - good word choice by Maya.

Great that Maya appreciated the intangibles in the boxscore that Asjha brought into the game. During the 4th qtr. the US really began to play with ease for the first time.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I don't think Asjha took a shot but not sure. She was called for a moving screen on one play but on a subsequent possession set a nice screen for Seimone on a simple hand-off and Seimone drained the jumper. Fundamental basketball and very effective.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't think Asjha took a shot but not sure. She was called for a moving screen on one play but on a subsequent possession set a nice screen for Seimone on a simple hand-off and Seimone drained the jumper. Fundamental basketball and very effective.

That moving screen call was really marginal.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Agree - since a lot of screens in these olympics have looked more like fullbacks clearing a running lane! But you also saw Asjha give the ref a querying look and then just turn around and play defense - no histrionics, just calm.
You need a Diana for the fire but you also need an Asjha for the calm.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Asjha is and has been an immensely successful basketball player. A lot of people like to compare Morgan to her, and if that's the caliber player we're actually getting (wouldn't rule out), I'd take that in a heartbeat.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I agree - it was a reasonable screen well with minimal movement, the type that is usually not called. Must have been the ref's angle, or else he didn't like AJ ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Asjha is and has been an immensely successful basketball player. A lot of people like to compare Morgan to her, and if that's the caliber player we're actually getting (wouldn't rule out), I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Ditto !!!

Reaction Score
I agree - it was a reasonable screen well with minimal movement, the type that is usually not called. Must have been the ref's angle, or else he didn't like AJ ;)

Now that's just not possible. How could anyone not love my fav Ashja?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom