Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Maya's August numbers
12.3 points per game
4.6 rebounds per game
2.2 assists per game
1.8 steals per game
46.1 percent from the floor
42.4 percent from three (25-59; two made threes per game)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Cam

Who's your ROY in the WNBA?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Among rookies, Maya is second in points, second in rebounds, third in assists, first in steals, fifth in blocks, first in made three-point baskets, third in made free throws, and first in P+R+A (points plus rebounds plus assists).

Most importantly, she is the top-rated rookie in terms of efficiency. Adams was giving her a run for her money, but Danielle missed several games. Also, Adams does not start and does play a good amount of time agains the opposing team's bench players (though this is hard to quantify).

My pick is Maya.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's two trivia questions:

What WNBA rookie led all rookies in scoring, rebounds, steals, blocks and minutes played but did not win the rookie of the year award? What player won the award that season?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Here's two trivia questions:

What WNBA rookie led all rookies in scoring, rebounds, steals, blocks and minutes played but did not win the rookie of the year award? What player won the award that season?

Without looking it up, I am going with Lauren Jackson in 2001. The winner was Jackie Stiles.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Without looking it up, I am going with Lauren Jackson in 2001. The winner was Jackie Stiles.

Correct. I almost posted that you weren't allowed to answer because I knew you'd know the answer. I didn't follow the league as closely back then and didn't know this until I happened to be reading an article about Lauren last week.

Another piece of trivia is that Jackie Stiles actually signed a letter-of-intent to attend UConn. She obviously changed her mind, didn't send it and the rest, as they say, is women's basketball history.

Reaction Score
Personally, I am glad that Ms Stiles went to Southwest Missouri where she was given free rein. Some players just aren't meant to play within the confines of "team play."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Correct. I almost posted that you weren't allowed to answer because I knew you'd know the answer. I didn't follow the league as closely back then and didn't know this until I happened to be reading an article about Lauren last week.

Another piece of trivia is that Jackie Stiles actually signed a letter-of-intent to attend UConn. She obviously changed her mind, didn't send it and the rest, as they say, is women's basketball history.
Whatever happened to Lauren Jackson? ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Personally, I am glad that Ms Stiles went to Southwest Missouri where she was given free rein. Some players just aren't meant to play within the confines of "team play."
i don't know about that. the players that signed LOI's or verballed to UCONN who never showed up or ended up changing their minds is as long as it is impressive...

Stiles, Hunter, Harper, Gemelos, Goring and Delle Donne. those are all top 10 kids coming out of HS, 4 of them were either #1 or #2. imagine if they'd all decided to come to UCONN... that's quite a list...

Reaction Score
i don't know about that. the players that signed LOI's or verballed to UCONN who never showed up or ended up changing their minds is as long as it is impressive...

Stiles, Hunter, Harper, Gemelos, Goring and Delle Donne. those are all top 10 kids coming out of HS, 4 of them were either #1 or #2. imagine if they'd all decided to come to UCONN... that's quite a list...

I thought Goring was coming next year! ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Lauren Jackson? ;)

She's had an okay career so far. Because of her relationships with Sue and Diana, she's now an honorary Husky and on the receiving end of Geno's barbs.

At the USA/Australia game in 2009:

Geno: Lauren, I met your parents and their really, really nice people.
Lauren: Thanks Geno.
Geno: So, were you adopted or somethin'?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's had an okay career so far. Because of her relationships with Sue and Diana, she's now an honorary Husky and on the receiving end of Geno's barbs.

At the USA/Australia game in 2009:

Geno: Lauren, I met your parents and their really, really nice people.
Lauren: Thanks Geno.
Geno: So, were you adopted or somethin'?
I recall that conversation. Once a wise-ass, always a wise-ass. :eek:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So do you think Maya will win?
there's really no one else besides Maya who could win. Adams missed 12 games or so and unless she plays 25 MPG and averages 18 PPG the rest of the season, i dont' see how she wins. the rookies have been solid but not spectacular this year. 3 averaged over 10 PPG so far and 10 total have averaged over 5 PPG this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom