Maya May Have Booked Passage On The Titanic | The Boneyard

Maya May Have Booked Passage On The Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When Maya Moore signed her lucrative endorsement deal with Nike's Jordan Brand in May, she may have unwittingly climbed aboard a ship heading straight for an iceberg.

No matter how the negotiations between the NBA owners and the NBA Players Association ends, Michael Jordan's image among the sneaker and apparel buying public has suffered immensely. There are words being bandied about from which it will be difficult if almost impossible to recover and regain the stature that drives the popularity of the Jordan Brand; That drives consumers to pay exorbitant prices to merely be seen wearing his brand.

Michael Jordan was fortunate to survive his palpable silence in the wake of the Jesse Helms attack ads in 1996. His image will not survive his palpable hard line stance with the NBA owners against the very players from whence he came. If there is not a full court press of a boycott against the Jordan Brand, there will be a four corners dropoff in sales.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Enjoy watching the NBA, but I don't have any sympathy for either the owners or the players. If they do not play this year, so what, I'll watch more college games or find something else to do. Players are over paid and owners are dumb enough to do it and the fans pay with increase ticket prices or more timeouts during televised games.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Don't see much sign that those who are obsessed with Nike pay much attention to the details of what comes out of people's mouths.

Reaction Score
Don't see much sign that those who are obsessed with Nike pay much attention to the details of what comes out of people's mouths.

I agree, since most of the sales are driven by teenagers and those in there 20's(I'm guessing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom