Maya back on target: 16/20 from the field in win | The Boneyard

Maya back on target: 16/20 from the field in win

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya ramped up her efficiency to ridiculous levels in carrying her team back to the "W" column after two recent losses.

LINK

40 pts on 16/20 shooting , including 5/6 from 3PT. 10 rebs, 6 ast, 6 stl and 0 turnovers for good measure :)

Maya's season averages thus far:

39.2 pts [incl. 53.5% FG, 42.6% 3PT]
11.2 reb
5.0 ast
4.2 stl
2.1 to

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I forgot to highlight Maya's outstanding HBR of 2.0 for the season....:)

Reaction Score
I was tempted to say "unbelievable" but it is Maya. Wow.

Maya and Yuko Oga (Japanese) are the only players on their team without Chinese names. I wonder if Maya speaks any Chinese, or if any of the coaches speaks English, or how they communicate?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya and Yuko Oga (Japanese) are the only players on their team without Chinese names. I wonder if Maya speaks any Chinese, or if any of the coaches speaks English, or how they communicate?

It's not easy......! :)

Communicating with teammates has taken a little more work with up to four languages being spoken in team huddles.
"It's pretty comical," Moore said laughing. "I speak English, one of my teammates is Korean. That's two languages. Two of our coaches are Spanish -- one is the Spanish national team head coach. The first couple days I was there my head was spinning." LINK

Moore is certainly no exception. With a Spanish head coach who speaks minimal English, a Korean teammate who speaks a few words of English and zero Chinese and Chinese teammates who speak no Spanish, no Korean and basic-at-best English there are four languages being spoken in the huddle, all of which are being communicated by three separate translators. LINK

"Chinese is a very difficult language to learn. I had to learn a few basic words to communicate with my teammates on the court and my coach, like screen, rebound, and shoot. It was a different experience for me to use body and sign language to communicate." LINK

Reaction Score
It's not easy.! :)

Communicating with teammates has taken a little more work with up to four languages being spoken in team huddles.
"It's pretty comical," Moore said laughing. "I speak English, one of my teammates is Korean. That's two languages. Two of our coaches are Spanish -- one is the Spanish national team head coach. The first couple days I was there my head was spinning." LINK

Moore is certainly no exception. With a Spanish head coach who speaks minimal English, a Korean teammate who speaks a few words of English and zero Chinese and Chinese teammates who speak no Spanish, no Korean and basic-at-best English there are four languages being spoken in the huddle, all of which are being communicated by three separate translators. LINK

"Chinese is a very difficult language to learn. I had to learn a few basic words to communicate with my teammates on the court and my coach, like screen, rebound, and shoot. It was a different experience for me to use body and sign language to communicate." LINK
THANKS!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
<<<< gratuitous Maya action shot for no particular reason >>>>>

maya2.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She could be wearing blue or red, but there's only one player with that shot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is hockey played in China? If so, are the defensemen known as Chinese Checkers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom