Maya and the Mayo | The Boneyard

Maya and the Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I understand the $ involved are a very big deal in the W. However, I feel that replacing the "Lynx" logo with "Mayo" or whatever on the chest of the jersey is going too far. (The Lynx logo is going to be reduced to a small feature on the front of the jersey.)

#1 The name of the franchise is still the Lynx. Unless the Mayo Clinic buys the team and gets permission from the league to rename the team (the Mayos?), "Lynx" should still be front and center.

#2 The clinic hardly needs much in the way of additional marketing. Sure it will be a nice little adjunct but they've got more money than God already and are not hurting for name recognition around the world. Royalty (literally), heads of state, über-wealthy elites, etc., have all been making the pilgrimage to Rochester, MN for decades. Interesting that they feel marketing via the W would make much impact on their branding or revenue projections. I guess the cost/benefit looks good to them, and I am at least glad that more money is flowing to the Lynx's bottom line.

#3 While Mayo Clinic has certainly done a awful lot of good for thousands of patients over the years, (my grandparents included), they do systematically engage in some very shady practices on the 'fundraising and development' front. Anything for more money. People would be surprised.

#4 If they could drop the "o" and add a second "a" , I'd be all for it!! :)

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
"Holding the Mayo."...
herewego.jpg

-So.... you're sayin the Lynx starters will be the Cinco de Mayo?
-Are mayo jerseys stored in a dressing room?

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If they played in Pittsburgh, they might have Heinz on the jerseys, but Maya cut the mustard and got them out of a pickle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01