Maya and D.T. - 10 impressive stats from the W.C. in Turkey..... | The Boneyard

Maya and D.T. - 10 impressive stats from the W.C. in Turkey.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
DT.jpg

After two "surprisingly competitive" games against China and Serbia, Team USA is 2-0 and headed into their last Preliminary Round game vs Angola on Tuesday. Maya and D.T. have silenced critics on the BY who found fault w/ their play in the EXHIBITION games last week. :rolleyes: Here's 10 statistics that tell the tale:

1. Maya leads Team USA in minutes played w/ 52, an average of 26 minutes per 40 minute game. She is on the floor 65% of the game.

2. D.T. is 2nd in minutes of action w/ 48. Together, she and Maya have played 25% of the total USA minutes. (100 out of 400)

3. Maya has scored 32 points in the two games to lead Team USA. Interestingly, she has taken a total of 32 shots. ;)

4. D.T. is 2nd in scoring w/ 28 points on 18 shots and 6 free throws.

5. Together, Maya and D.T. are 10-21 from 3 pt range (47.6%). (D.T. is actually 6-10 from 3 and only two other players, Bird & Augustus, have made a three pt basket.)

6. In addition to scoring 32 pts, Maya leads Team USA w/ 9 assists and D.T. is 3rd w/ 6. (Whalen has 7)

7. Maya is 2nd on the team w/ 20 rebounds, including 8 offensive. (Tina has 22, Griner 17) She is the only player averaging a double-double. :)

8. Excluding 3 pt. attempts, Maya & D.T. are shooting 13-29 (44.8%) from the field.Opponents are shooting 32% from the field, 26% from 3 pt range.

9. Led by Maya & D.T., Team USA is shooting 74-160 (46.2%) from the field, opponents just 44-145 (30.3%). USA has also out rebounded opponents 121-71, has more assists 43-18 and blocked 12 shots vs 1.

10. UConn players lead the team in minutes played, points scored, rebounds, made field goals, made free throws, steals, assists, offensive rebounds and technical fouls. :cool:

What is not listed on the box score, but is obvious when watching the games, is the hustle and determination Maya & D.T. bring to every game. Calm, cool and confident regardless of who Geno puts out on the floor w/ them, the two best players in the world are at their best when the world is watching. :D

Go Team USA..!!

sTu

Reaction Score
I sure would like to see DT, Maya, and Stewart on the floor together for five minutes plus.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
View attachment 7013

After two "surprisingly competitive" games against China and Serbia, Team USA is 2-0 and headed into their last Preliminary Round game vs Angola on Tuesday. Maya and D.T. have silenced critics on the BY who found fault w/ their play in the EXHIBITION games last week. :rolleyes: Here's 10 statistics that tell the tale:

1. Maya leads Team USA in minutes played w/ 52, an average of 26 minutes per 40 minute game. She is on the floor 65% of the game.

2. D.T. is 2nd in minutes of action w/ 48. Together, she and Maya have played 25% of the total USA minutes. (100 out of 400)

3. Maya has scored 32 points in the two games to lead Team USA. Interestingly, she has taken a total of 32 shots. ;)

5. Together, Maya and D.T. are 10-21 from 3 pt range (47.6%). (D.T. is actually 6-10 from 3 and only two other players, Bird & Augustus, have made a three pt basket.)

6. In addition to scoring 32 pts, Maya leads Team USA w/ 9 assists and D.T. is 3rd w/ 6. (Whalen has 7)

7. Maya is 2nd on the team w/ 20 rebounds, including 8 offensive. (Tina has 22, Griner 17) She is the only player averaging a double-double. :)

8. Excluding 3 pt. attempts, Maya & D.T. are shooting 13-29 (44.8%) from the field.Opponents are shooting 32% from the field, 26% from 3 pt range.

9. Led by Maya & D.T., Team USA is shooting 74-160 (46.2%) from the field, opponents just 44-145 (30.3%). USA has also out rebounded opponents 121-71, has more assists 43-18 and blocked 12 shots vs 1.

10. UConn players lead the team in minutes played, points scored, rebounds, made field goals, made free throws, steals, assists, offensive rebounds and technical fouls. :cool:

What is not listed on the box score, but is obvious when watching the games, is the hustle and determination Maya & D.T. bring to every game. Calm, cool and confident regardless of who Geno puts out on the floor w/ them, the two best players in the world are at their best when the world is watching. :D

Go Team USA..!!

DAMN!!!! I KNEW WE SHOULDA GOTTEN RID OF 'EM BEFORE THEY WERE PRODUCTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

TAKE 'EM OUT BACK AND BIRCH 'EM!!!! THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SCORE AGAIN!!!!:p

THEY BETTER DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT SUE BIRD CHARACTER BEFORE SHE GOES ALL MOP ON US!!:eek:

in all seriousness, it is so hard to manage the boneyard's expectations these days.

sheesh....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I sure would like to see DT, Maya, and Stewart on the floor together for five minutes plus.
I agree with this. I would like to see Stewie and Simms in even if it's for 2 or 3 mins. when the games are closer not just mop up duties. That's the way they are going to get experience and feel the pressure of being in the game when it counts.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Two phenomenal players! The USA is in good hands as long as they are on the court. This three quick 3-pointers that Maya buried against Serbia were HUGE!!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the pic! I have a quick question though, What size is the ball for these games?
Also if anyone knows, what size is the ProWbb ball vs WNCAA vs mens NCAA/Pro?
I remember seeing an article with coments from Geno about using the men's ball and how well the women did using it due to some other challenges with the physics of the WNCAA ball.

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
image.jpg
Thanks for the pic! I have a quick question though, What size is the ball for these games?
Also if anyone knows, what size is the ProWbb ball vs WNCAA vs mens NCAA/Pro?
I remember seeing an article with coments from Geno about using the men's ball and how well the women did using it due to some other challenges with the physics of the WNCAA ball.

Quick research indicates the womens game uses a size 6 ball, the men a size 7. For the women, it appears the WNBA, NCAA and FIBA all use the size 6. However, FiBA uses balls made by Molten (see above). The panels, groove width, and inflation specifics can be different. Wilson and Spalding make the WNBA & NCAA balls.

The biggest difference between the size 6 and 7 is the circumference is 1 inch smaller for the women. If anyone finds any additional info, I will stand corrected. ;)

Reaction Score
Quick research indicates the womens game uses a size 6 ball, the men a size 7. For the women, it appears the WNBA, NCAA and FIBA all use the size 6. However, FiBA uses balls made by Molten (see above). The panels, groove width, and inflation specifics can be different. Wilson and Spalding make the WNBA & NCAA balls.

The biggest difference between the size 6 and 7 is the circumference is 1 inch smaller for the women. If anyone finds any additional info, I will stand corrected. ;)

Thanks DavidinNaples, great info.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
View attachment 7013

Go Team USA..!!

Give credit where it is due. Props to the custodian for turning the lights up.;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
View attachment 7017

I thought in international play the women used the #7 ball. Is this a change? Hasn't there has been discussion in the past of the impact for US players?

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
I thought in international play the women used the #7 ball. Is this a change? Hasn't there has been discussion in the past of the impact for US players?
fiba ball.jpg

ice.....Molten makes both men and women's balls...the men's is called GL7 (as in size 7), see above pic...the women's is called GL6. In both photos of USA players, the ladies are using GL6, although it is hard to tell viewing these pics in the BY. I went to USA website and I'm pretty sure they are GL6s....don't know when any change was made...:)
FIBA

International basketballs for men's play have a circumference of 78 centimeters -- 30.7 inches -- and are referred to as size 7. In women's international play, the maximum size is 74 centimeters (29 inches), size 6. When dropped on the playing floor from a height of 1,800 millimeters (6 feet) the ball should bounce to a height between 1,200 millimeters and 1,400 millimeters (47 to 55 inches), measured to the top of the ball.

Reaction Score
View attachment 7017

What did you make of the 'Advanced Technology" flat pebble surface instead of the traditional pebble surface? BTW, if I remember correctly, the issue is that the 6" ball jumps off the rim more readily than a 7" ball does.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
How tall is the ball? :p
9.27"
- I read something on the Boneyard implying it may grow taller, when it’s dribbled toward the equator. Of course, that’s assuming everything was, you know, on the level (admittedly, seldom a good premise here).
- Guess we could get into heated discussions about other ways the ball may grow, but I think the Moderators want us to avoid any friction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom