May will be busy? | The Boneyard

May will be busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With 5 scholarships to fill, I hope we fill some of those spots! Guess I am a little bit on edge and nervous.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can't keep up with all the transfer stuff.

Is basketball same as football that you have to have your name in portal by May 1st or else you need a waiver?

Reaction Score
I said in other threads, but I think Hurley keeps at least one open for a Karaban like mid season addition.
ideally. no pressure to fill all 4 this summer.

i'd like to sign 1 more impact transfer this month in order to fill out the rotation and then 2 bench pieces by august after all the dust settles. save the last 1 for a mid year reclass like karaban (maybe castle?)

Reaction Score
It feels like the days of 13 scholarship players is over. Rolling into the season with 10 or 11 players wouldn't be surprising.
13 may seem like a big number, but not using all 13 would be a major mistake. Injuries happen. I would be shocked if we don't start the season with at least 12 players on scholarship and likely 13.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It feels like the days of 13 scholarship players is over. Rolling into the season with 10 or 11 players wouldn't be surprising.

The days of 13 scholarships being filled for the sake of filling them is over. Days of 13 scholarships with 4-5 players knowing they will sit for a year or two while they develop is mostly over too.

You still need bodies so you can practice and have players looking over their shoulders for PT. The ole next man up strategy.
All that being said, having 11 or 12 scholarship players with some walk-ons to make practices functional won't be unheard of going forward.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Kids are still entering the transfer portal. And I'm thinking that most of the 1,400 kids are still out there

They're smarter with experience. They know what they want now, they're looking for that perfect situation. I don't blame them

Reaction Score
Players go in looking for their perfect situation — the best team possible at which they know they will play. As summer wears on, fear will start to set in and many will realize they are not getting that perfect opportunity and have to place themselves somewhere so they can continue having a scholarship and being on a team. And at that point, teams like us will fill the back of their roster, even if it’s with lower D-1 level players who you don’t anticipate having a real impact. (Not that will stop many from blaming Hurley for bringing in players who can’t help us.)

Reaction Score
13 may seem like a big number, but not using all 13 would be a major mistake. Injuries happen. I would be shocked if we don't start the season with at least 12 players on scholarship and likely 13.
If injuries are causing us to play our 12th and 13th guy on the bench, then the season is dead no matter what. We'll likely fill out those spots with whoever has a pulse and doesn't mind playing walk-on minutes. They won't be guys who can expect to contribute any meaningful minutes on a Big East caliber level.

Reaction Score
Kids are still entering the transfer portal. And I'm thinking that most of the 1,400 kids are still out there

They're smarter with experience. They know what they want now, they're looking for that perfect situation. I don't blame them
By tomorrow night we should see the end of new names popping up in the transfer portal. So should be able to get a good idea of who we're targeting for the last few spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom