May is Now the Longest Month | The Boneyard

May is Now the Longest Month

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
May 9, 2023 and 22 days to go until we can start to see our roster construction for next year. Although I always find the posts in this forum interesting, I really cant wait for the speculation to stop and to really know who will be in uniform next year and who will not. Not that they mean much but we keep dropping in the polls and potential seed for next year as everyone is filling their roster and we are on pause. Not saying I regret the reasons but just can’t wait till the play button is hit again and the screen saver is turned off. Anyone else feeling the same anxiety?

Reaction Score
May 9, 2023 and 22 days to go until we can start to see our roster construction for next year. Although I always find the posts in this forum interesting, I really cant wait for the speculation to stop and to really know who will be in uniform next year and who will not. Not that they mean much but we keep dropping in the polls and potential seed for next year as everyone is filling their roster and we are on pause. Not saying I regret the reasons but just can’t wait till the play button is hit again and the screen saver is turned off. Anyone else feeling the same anxiety?
They just won the title, so no. I’ll gladly trade a title for a little anxiety about the roster next season :)

Reaction Score
You care that in May, with rosters in flux, "we keep dropping in the polls and potential seed for next year"? Why? Seriously, why would you care what anyone writes until we have a clear picture of what rosters are?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
They just won the title, so no. I’ll gladly trade a title for a little anxiety about the roster next season :)
As noted I do not regret the reasons for the anxiety but I guess that was missed. But you did admit that you have a “little anxiety” so thanks for agreeing in a round about very boneyard manner:)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

None. I would've liked pulling TImberlake. I would've liked AJ and even Newton saying they are returning on April 4th. I have no no anxiety about it though. Whatever polls and potential seeds you are getting nervous about are complete garbage anyway. They mean less than nothing and if ever that was something to not worry about should we worry after just winning a natty off of an unranked preseason?

I always loved this team this upcoming year. We've been waiting for this recruiting class for 18 plus months. Hell, before last year started I actually said to my BIL "I wish this was 2023 season we were entering" Joke is on me ( and Im happy to laugh all day about being skeptical and wrong). This team we have coming in this year is BETTER on paper (even right now) than the one we started last season with. We know how "on paper" can cut you both ways, but I still like this team. Coming off a Natty, anxiety? No. Im ready to get these young bucks to Europe in preseason and start building another all timer. Karaban and Clingan know what's up.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You care that in May, with rosters in flux, "we keep dropping in the polls and potential seed for next year"? Why? Seriously, why would you care what anyone writes until we have a clear picture of what rosters are?
As I noted “not that they mean much”. What I am saying is that waiting is not fun as most of our competition is making moves.

Reaction Score
My question which probably isn’t answerable is can Castle in the passing game make everyone better the way Andre did?

Reaction Score
This is the same staff that turned a team with Andrew Hurley as the starting PG into a national championship roster within 2 months last offseason. I'll trust the staff and won't worry about it until everything is complete and we have a full roster, whatever it looks like :)

Reaction Score
Just a little. Remember last year when we lost 8 players for various reasons. We had only 3 (great) players left. I remember PeeCee fans mocking us. My only anxiety is waiting on Andre & Newton and if one or both don’t return. At that point we need a good transfer shooter. Who will be available. My guess is Hurley has that covered. I have learned-“in Hurley we trust”!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Nope. Not at all.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The incoming class is impressive
You have DC and AK which is a great start
In reality, Newton will be back and you can plug him at the 2 and Ajax most likely will return at the 3.
The biggest loss is Hawk. This team needs a 3 pt threat - it could be Newton but DH still has 48 hrs of portal work to do. A lot of teams in the NBE have bettered themselves via the portal this off season but there are still a few good ones out there - PT may be the main issue.
Too early to get your panties in a bunch

Reaction Score
No

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't worry, especially since worrying solves no problems.

Enjoy the ride people, despite the bumps in the road.

Reaction Score
If you check the internet every day it’s gonna drive you crazy. I can wait enjoy the weather, don’t rush life.

Reaction Score
Everyday that we are reigning national champs has been enjoyable. I will get anxious when we open the season.

In the meantime, until we know who is returning or not, it is useless to worry about it. We may have a few slots to fill. But I'm pretty confident they will be a lot of very good basketball players on the Huskies. I'm looking forward to it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
don't worry, especially since worrying solves no problems.
This is the Boneyard. Worrying is our stock in trade. If we didn't worry -- if we didn't make up or imagine things to worry about -- this place would be a ghost town in the off season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This is the Boneyard. Worrying is our stock in trade. If we didn't worry -- if we didn't make up or imagine things to worry about -- this place would be a ghost town in the off season.

Not true, we can talk about pizza

Reaction Score
I hear what you are saying, however I am actually excited for what we have!

In Dan Hurley we trust!

5 National Championships and counting...

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It is only may 17th and we have regressed to debating the largest animal that one of us could kill without weapons and on neutral ground. Which in a sense is senseless because evolution has given us the advantage of thumbs and problem solving. At no time in the history of the evolution of man have we not used weapons to survive by either killing prey or defending ourselves from becoming the meal. So I understand I am relatively new here and this may be a recurring parlor game that is brought up yearly but I would like to thank the BY for making the point. It is a long month and the thread that has gotten the most attention is based on a question that has no reality associated with the thought. And that’s all I have to say on that.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
At no time in the history of the evolution of man have we not used weapons to survive by either killing prey or defending ourselves from becoming the meal.

Nah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom