OT: - May is National Hamburger Month | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: May is National Hamburger Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
My favorite used to be from a place in Chicago called Fluky's. They are long gone, I think. Now my favorite burger is one that I make with mozzarella stuffed in it then I put it on the smoker and add a slice of applewood-smoked pork belly and bacon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Friendly reminder that today is the official National Hamburger Day. I'm sure plenty of restaurants are offering specials. Yall know what to do. To all of yall that choose to celebrate, I'll be a bit disappointed if yall don't consume at least 1/3 pound of ground beef today... At least.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Friendly reminder that today is the official National Hamburger Day. I'm sure plenty of restaurants are offering specials. Yall know what to do. To all of yall that choose to celebrate, I'll be a bit disappointed if yall don't consume at least 1/3 pound of ground beef today... At least.
I jumped the gun and had a burger last night, at Hamburger Harry's in downtown Edmonds, WA. Yummy.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Bummer. I just picked up three T-bones(way on sale). I could freeze 'em, but. . . nah.

Reaction Score
Glenwood Pines restaurant just outside Ithaca,NY. Famous Pinesburger challenge.

Reaction Score
For those in CT. Lou's Lunch is great, so is Max Burger in West Hartford and even Bobby Flay's counter in Mohegan Sun . Harry's in Colchester is more of a memory from days gone by (on the way to the beach)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well believe it or not, I overdid it a bit trying to celebrate today. Went to Porterhouse Burger Company here in Greensboro for the first time.. been thinking of trying it out for awhile. They had a multitude of burgers to choose from... but I went ahead and got the Pig Burger. 1/2 pound burger... topped with pulled pork bbq, housemade pimento cheese, bbq sauce, red onions, and pickles. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Probably have to eat kale and drink water for the rest of the weekend :(

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Well believe it or not, I overdid it a bit trying to celebrate today. Went to Porterhouse Burger Company here in Greensboro for the first time.. been thinking of trying it out for awhile. They had a multitude of burgers to choose from... but I went ahead and got the Pig Burger. 1/2 pound burger... topped with pulled pork bbq, housemade pimento cheese, bbq sauce, red onions, and pickles. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Probably have to eat kale and drink water for the rest of the weekend :(
Did the guy making the pig burger look anything like this?

314bccb3b886790b03b4d1239cf35071.jpg

Reaction Score
We just had char-broiled burgers cooked on the grill...not a mango or mint leaf in sight. Just extra sharp cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, Montreal steak seasoning, brisket rub, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and Vidalia onion, ketchup, hot sauce and jalapeno mustard, all served on butter toasted, whole wheat, bakery hamburger rolls.
Please don’t ever post like this again! Have a modicum of compassion for those of us who have to read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom