OT: - May is National Hamburger Month | The Boneyard

OT: May is National Hamburger Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry... a little late with this thread.... but just a friendly reminder that May is National Hamburger month...... with May 28th being National Hamburger Day.

awesome dance.gif

Personally I suggest helping out a local restaurant and getting at least one burger a week for the rest of the month. ( at least 1/3 of a pound) :cool: Or if so inclined....... grill one in the backyard.... or inside using a cast-iron skillet.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Louis' Lunch, the birthplace of the burger in New Haven? I was going to check it out the last time I was in the Nutmeg State, but didn't have time.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Speaking of burgers, has anyone been to Louis' Lunch, the birthplace of the burger in New Haven? I was going to check it out the last time I was in the Nutmeg State, but didn't have time.

Of course. You can't live within 30 minutes of New Haven without dropping by Louis' Lunch for a burger.

Reaction Score
I’m doing a month long burger tour of Providence and surrounding area. I paid $20 and for the month of May there are 25 different restaurants I can go to and get a burger. So far good but I’ll be sick of them by June.

Attachments

• 76A4DA32-F2F1-4AF8-8020-EE68BE6A88F7.jpeg
    76A4DA32-F2F1-4AF8-8020-EE68BE6A88F7.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 87

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’m doing a month long burger tour of Providence and surrounding area. I paid $20 and for the month of May there are 25 different restaurants I can go to and get a burger. So far good but I’ll be sick of them by June.

I might have to move to Providence in time for May 2019 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
My favorite burger is at Catsup and Mustard Manchester downtown. You can order it rare, the best way to have a burger IMHO. I also have a fondness for a Steamed cheeseburger- must be that cheese

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Unfortunately these suggested places precludes your burger being grass fed, when it was alive, I mean.
Think what you're doing to your temple.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just a bump for the official National Hamburger Day. We can hit the gym or the trail tomorrow..... Now go out and grab a burger or two. I know I will :cool:

Reaction Score
Oddly, though I didn't know it was hamburger month, I ate more burgers this month than I had for a long time. Had a half pounder today. Learned how to make real good ones from watching Bobby Flay. His burger place is great at the Mohegan Sun if you haven't been there. But the key to my great burgers is pulling the meat all apart and putting it back together as lightly as I can and then searing them at about 600 degrees for about 3 mins a side. Even though I cook them all the way through, they are juicy as can be. Of course it all starts with good meat though. And then I put a slice of tomato about a 1/2 inch thick in there. And often A-1 steak sauce or heinz ketchup. Did I make you hungry?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oddly, though I didn't know it was hamburger month, I ate more burgers this month than I had for a long time. Had a half pounder today. Learned how to make real good ones from watching Bobby Flay. His burger place is great at the Mohegan Sun if you haven't been there. But the key to my great burgers is pulling the meat all apart and putting it back together as lightly as I can and then searing them at about 600 degrees for about 3 mins a side. Even though I cook them all the way through, they are juicy as can be. Of course it all starts with good meat though. And then I put a slice of tomato about a 1/2 inch thick in there. And often A-1 steak sauce or heinz ketchup. Did I make you hungry?

Up until the ketchup or steak sauce Head bang

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry... a little late with this thread.... but just a friendly reminder that May is National Hamburger month. with May 28th being National Hamburger Day.

View attachment 31300

Personally I suggest helping out a local restaurant and getting at least one burger a week for the rest of the month. ( at least 1/3 of a pound) :cool: Or if so inclined.. grill one in the backyard.... or inside using a cast-iron skillet.
will-gladly-pay-you-tuesday-for-a-hamburger-today-ok-12183652.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA