May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno just quoted one of the incoming freshman in his graduation speech. Which one was it?

Reaction Score
Paige's ability to see the floor has to be a gift. I could never pass like that in my youth, let alone see the court like she does. I was a role player without Molly's three point shot. Can't wait for her arrival.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two days after Kobe Bryant's helicopter crash, Hopkins played a Lake Conference game at Minnetonka -- the 19th game of the season. To honor Kobe, who wore numbers 8 and 24, Paige scored 24 points with 8 assists in a 81-53 win. Bueckers also collected 9 rebounds and 5 steals.

Reaction Score
Come on BY's. The clues are there. Lets dig it up. :)
I don’t think that is a clue. Geno said he asked the player a question and Scott Burrell is the one who said you have to tone it down with todays generation. So it is likely referring to the question not a relationship with the player.

maybe he was texting with Paige checking how the Azzi recruiting was going ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don’t think that is a clue. Geno said he asked the player a question and Scott Burrell is the one who said you have to tone it down with todays generation. So it is likely referring to the question not a relationship with the player.

maybe he was texting with Paige checking how the Azzi recruiting was going ?

When I wrote this, I had no idea who Coach Burell was and thought it may be a coach of one of the incoming players. Now I get it.

Reaction Score
Some new DeBerry footage:

Wow I had no idea she was this good of a passer. That’s a tremendously valuable and rare skill for a big to have (especially at that age) and and she also made all the correct reads on where the balk should go. Geno loves bigs that can pass (see Dolson) and I’m sure he will find all sorts of ways to use that weapon.

Reaction Score
When it's Gulliver's Brobdingnag's vs. his Lilliputians on display, a particular player always looks good,but if you extrapolate her movements and potential you realize that Geno and co. will have a lot to work with and she will be a very valuable asset to the ncaa winning team by her second or third year.I could see her scoring 20 points or so as a frosh vs.some of the lesser teams at the collegiate level if she were to get the necessary minutes.

Reaction Score
Wow I had no idea she was this good of a passer. That’s a tremendously valuable and rare skill for a big to have (especially at that age) and and she also made all the correct reads on where the balk should go. Geno loves bigs that can pass (see Dolson) and I’m sure he will find all sorts of ways to use that weapon.

The best post passer I have seen since Bill Walton

Reaction Score
I actually think her UConn career will be spent more playing the 4/PF than the 5/C.... just a prediction. I think she can be a high post twin tower passing teammate and she has a good shot from mid-range. Lauren Coxish....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I know one bad habit she will have to change. CD will stop her from flipping the waistband over on the shorts.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom