MaxPreps AA Teams | The Boneyard

MaxPreps AA Teams

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted already. There are six teams listed plus honorable mentions. Tennessee with three first-team selections.

High School Sports News Articles - MaxPreps - MaxPreps Girls Basketball All-Americans

First Team
Rennia Davis - Tennessee
Anastasia Hayes - Tennessee
Evina Westbrook - Tennessee
Megan Walker - UCONN
Michaela Oneywere - UCLA

Second Team
Cara Ursin - Baylor
Chennedy Carter - TAMU
Chassity Patterson - Texas
Aisha Sheppard - Virginia Tech
Mikayla Vaughn - Notre Dame

Third Team
Charli Callier - UCONN
Mikalya Coombs - UCONN
Dana Evans - Louisville
Christyn Williams - undecided
Destiny Littleton - undecided

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting list. I didn't think that Tenn had 3 of the top 5. Maybe top 10, probably top 15.

I'm happy with Meg, Mikayla, and Charli. Let's add Christyn.

Reaction Score
Yep, this is a weird list. Did these people not see the McDonald's AA game? (I'm talking about Boothe.)

Reaction Score
Check the actual link. There are six teams plus honorable mention players. Boothe ended up on the fourth team even though her description sounded higher than her rating. Other good UCONN and Notre Dame recruits posters have talked about here are also listed in the 4th thru 6th teams.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yep, this is a weird list. Did these people not see the McDonald's AA game? (I'm talking about Boothe.)

It is an interesting list. Alexis Morris was named the Texas Gatorade POY and is only honorable mention on this list, yet several players from the state of Texas are ranked ahead of her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No Boothe, who's headed to Texas?
True. Surprising omission.

After reading the narrative on her 4th team selection, I see a reference to when she is on her game. That suggests that Rellah has inconsistent effort or results that could be a problem.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
With three first team AA's going to Tennessee, they'd better be good. Or else I'd hate to be their coach, and have to explain bad losses yet again.
I think that having this class. With all of the returning players. Will help not only having more players, but really talented players. That will help the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I liked Chasity Patterson in the McD's game. She should fill in well for Brooke McCarty in another year. Patterson averaged 5.7 steals per game. Dana Evans averaged nearly 5 apg. Mikayla Venson had insane numbers across the board (37/14/7/6).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looking at underclassmen, the top juniors are:

Charli Collier
Christyn Williams
Aquira DeCosta
Zarielle Green
Olivia Nelson-Ododa
NaLyssa Smith

The youngest Mabrey is an HM as a junior.

The top sophomore is Sam Brunelle, on the 6th team. HM sophs include.

Aliyah Boston
Brea Beal
Diamond Miller

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I liked Chasity Patterson in the McD's game. She should fill in well for Brooke McCarty in another year. Patterson averaged 5.7 steals per game. Dana Evans averaged nearly 5 apg. Mikayla Venson had insane numbers across the board (37/14/7/6).
I meant 5 STEALS per game for Evans.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

To clarify the point about the MaxPreps list, the McDonald's game, and other issues (e.g., USA Basketball, AAU, etc.), Clay Kallam weighed in. Clay did the MaxPreps list:

Rellah Boothe, on the MaxPreps' fourth team, illustrates the difference between some lists and others -- and no particular system is necessarily better than any other.

The MP list is based on high school performance, not college and pro potential. (That's why Ali Patberg was POY a couple years ago over Katie Lou Samuelson -- Patberg had a better year in high school (not club, not USA Basketball) and even though she didn't project like KLS, it's a high school award for me.)

First, Boothe's team lost 10 games. It's very hard for me to justify an elite high school girls' player as a first-team all-American if her team loses 10 games. (We believe their overall record was around 20-10, but not all results are reported.) IMG Academy got crushed at the La Jolla Country Day Sweet 16 by some good but not great California teams, and that shouldn't happen to a school like IMG with all that talent.

Second, Boothe's effort level is far from consistent. She showed extremely well at the Mickey D game, but you never know what you'll get in a high school game -- or even at USA Basketball. (There is even some question as to how many games she actually played for IMG. No stats are posted and the coach wouldn't return calls.)

Now on potential, Boothe is elite. A motivated Boothe is one of the best players in the country, and a motivated Boothe will be a college star and a WNBA player. On high school production, though, she fell short of the players we ranked above her, or so we judged.

RebKell's Junkie Boards :: View topic - UTenn dominates MaxPreps AA team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom