Maurice Clarett UConn Consultant | The Boneyard

Maurice Clarett UConn Consultant

Reaction Score

Pretty cool article, I knew he came in and talked to the players. Also remember seeing him on the side at a few games, didn’t know he had such a defined role with the program. Interesting tidbit on his relationship with Bouk too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One of the players Clarett has worked with is James Bouknight, the impressive rising sophomore and All-ACC freshman selection. The Brooklyn native was in a car crash in which he was charged with driving without a license, driving too fast for conditions, evading responsibility and interfering with police and was suspended for three games as a result. Clarett helped him get past that mistake, imploring him to own it while not let it define him.

This is great. Having someone with Clarett's experiences to convey it is something special for our guys. Hurley shows, time and time and again, that he is committed to help our guys grow not only as players but as men. If I am a parent of a recruit, I weigh that heavily.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Consultant. I would assume this means not officially on the payroll. Anything he makes is coming out of the basketball budget somewhere.
Was gonna say spending three days a month with the team seems extremely generous. Sounds like the relationship has been extremely beneficial to Bouk.

Reaction Score
I guess the author of the article does not know the difference between the AAC and the ACC....?

Reaction Score
Was gonna say spending three days a month with the team seems extremely generous. Sounds like the relationship has been extremely beneficial to Bouk.
Just to add I think everyone would benefit. After hearing Rips story about him and KEA in the hood, we forget the players are basically kids transitioning to adulthood. Some don't have that 'active/personal' male figure to set things straight or provide real talk. Add to that being hundreds of miles from home.

All you need is one sentence to break through, not the whole speech. We all know horror stories about college athletes.

Just saying Clarett is opening eyes, now keeping them open is up to the players.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Some don't have that 'active/personal' male figure to set things straight or provide real talk. Add to that being hundreds of miles from home.
If Real Talk is what we're after, they should be meeting with @Chief00 as well.

Reaction Score
This the kind of stuff that matters. Setting standards and investing in improving people’s lives through leadership and authentic caring. It’s 180 degrees from mouthing empty BLM slogans.

Reaction Score
What a fantastic resource this is for the kids. A top athlete who experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. He’s still young enough to have relatability to the college kids and can offer a different relationship than coaches can. Very happy for Maurice and thrilled for the kids. Great job Danny and UConn bringing him in.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Should have stopped at caring
He's on ignore; I checked to see what idiocy he posted - ignore is well-deserved.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This the kind of stuff that matters. Setting standards and investing in improving people’s lives through leadership and authentic caring. It’s 180 degrees from mouthing empty BLM slogans.

Why are you still a fan of UConn Men's Basketball given how the players feel about those slogans and BLM?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Most importantly I’m sure it pisses off our old friends at Cincy and our new friends at Xavier :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom