Matthews Decommits | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Matthews Decommits

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Win the conference at least 3 times in next 5 years, NCAAs 4 out of 5 and reach the final four at least once and we can talk success in various degrees.
Elite? a national championship only achieves that level.

Really? That would be an unmitigated massive success, given the pile of dung he's starting with. There wouldn't be any debating that.

I'm not calling him elite by any stretch. Proof will be in the pudding.

Reaction Score
I am an Ollie guy. Having said that, the new coach is Hurley. I wish him well. But let us not downgrade the recruiting class. The loss of these 3 is significant. Let's see who comes in to take their places. But this starts him behind the 8 ball.

Reaction Score
Whoever said these kids weren't needle movers hit the nail on the head pretty hard, actually.

All fine pieces to have and could help fill in some roles, but they're not anyone you can't replace in the long run and truth be told while I could see some upside in Akinjo just because he seemed to consistently surpass expectations - there was just nothing special and or 'wow' or even 'ok, this guy will be a really good four year player' bout Kisinius or Matthews. They're guys I just don't lose any sleep over. Would be nice to have one of them, but again, just is what it is.

Scholarships are your chips. And we've got some more chips to play in a rebuilding year that might be better used to help rebuild over the long term is the way I see it. All those kid could help a lot of DI programs, i'm just not sure they're a fit here anymore, that's all.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really? That would be an unmitigated massive success, given the pile of dung he's starting with. There wouldn't be any debating that.

I'm not calling him elite by any stretch. Proof will be in the pudding.

Unless you changed your name from MadDogRevival, I never claimed you insinuated the word elite - he did
Due to the fact that many folks here feel the AAC is a piece of garbage - winning the title should be easy - that was the expectation on KO with that pile of dung -so it's now transferred.
In addition, because of the hype that surrounds DH, those expectations shouldn't be tempered (based on his prior results)

To be honest anything less than 2-3 conference regular season titles/ conference tournament championships by end of 5th year and one appearance in Final Four would be disappointing, that was what UConn was averaging during the time Coach DH suggested being the days he intended to accomplish in returning.

I am not saying at all that he can't do it (he did it at Wagner and URI) and as a life long UConn fan and season ticket holder I pray he does bring back the program to that level. If he is the coach and recruiter he is being built up to be then there should be no excuses. It appears to me that the sense of urgency to return to the glory days that many said would be solved by this hiring is now starting to become a lets give it some time and see proposition. At $3mil a year, that's an expensive proposition.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed; what he brings in as recruits/players the next few weeks is awfully important
It's vital to the fan base and the University that this works out - UConn needs cheeks in the seats during home games

As you said the proof will be in the pudding but the clock is ticking......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom