2023 Recruiting: - Matt Curtis | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Matt Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have a friend who is very good friends with Matt father. While with him last night they were chatting and heard him say Indiana, Notre Dame, Syracuse, UConn among others have started reaching out to him. Pretty sure he's class of 2023. Don't know much about his game but have heard glowing reports

Reaction Score
Have a friend who is very good friends with Matt father. While with him last night they were chatting and heard him say Indiana, Notre Dame, Syracuse, UConn among others have started reaching out to him. Pretty sure he's class of 2023. Don't know much about his game but have heard glowing reports

2022. Wouldn't hurt for him to do a PG year at a better prep school though.

Rumor is Reilly at East Catholic wouldn't take him because of defense. Would be a humongous f up for him if true. Probably already is. Kid averaged likex25 a game for northwest

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Rumor is Reilly at East Catholic wouldn't take him because of defense. Would be a humongous f up for him if true. Probably already is. Kid averaged likex25 a game for northwest
He's a sophomore this year, 14 years old, wouldn't that make him 2023?

Reaction Score

You mean he wouldn't offer him a scholarship?

Reaction Score
He's a sophomore this year, 14 years old, wouldn't that make him 2023?

He wasn't originally a sophomore this year. If that's what you've heard he's reclassified. This is year 3 at Northwest

Reaction Score
ELLINGTON of all places has produced 3 d1 players in the past 4 years. Mike McGuirl at K State, Knowling at Yale and now curtis. Something must be in the water
It’s called SMELLington lol. They’ve had some good soccer players come out of that town as well. Must be all the fresh farm food they’re eating. Maybe it’s Johnny Appleseeds.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
ELLINGTON of all places has produced 3 d1 players in the past 4 years. Mike McGuirl at K State, Knowling at Yale and now curtis. Something must be in the water
It’s the constant smell of cow poop in the air forcing kids into the gym. Did any of them play for Ellington High? Would have been a squad...

Reaction Score

They always have had a good program, yet none of those kids played there haha.. We would play them in summer league, that conference is tough out there. We almost left our conference 5 years ago and joined it, would have loved the competition.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It’s called SMELLington lol. They’ve had some good soccer players come out of that town as well. Must be all the fresh farm food they’re eating. Maybe it’s Johnny Appleseeds.

I played EHS in high school (Hoops) and one of their fans threw a stink bomb onto the court (my school’s) and delayed the game for like 15 minutes.

Our fan section started chanting “smells like Ellington”

Fantastic hs memory lol

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Making me miss my old digs in South Windsor and taking our kids to apple pick at Appleseeds. SW had some good jocks. My kids are contemporaries of hockey stud Chris Clark.

Reaction Score
They always have had a good program, yet none of those kids played there haha.. We would play them in summer league, that conference is tough out there. We almost left our conference 5 years ago and joined it, would have loved the competition.

Yes and no. East Windsor, East Granby, Bolton, Coventry, stafford are guaranteed wins most years unless your team sucks. The rest of the conference always has talent. But the 5 easy wins (usually) make making the state tourney pretty easy compared to the CCC. Coached the freshman team for a team in that conference 1 year before I moved up to the CCC.

Reaction Score
Yes and no. East Windsor, East Granby, Bolton, Coventry, stafford are guaranteed wins most years unless your team sucks. The rest of the conference always has talent. But the 5 easy wins (usually) make making the state tourney pretty easy compared to the CCC. Coached the freshman team for a team in that conference 1 year before I moved up to the CCC.
dating myself on this one but the 2007 season in the NCCC was pretty deep. Can’t for the life of me remember the kids name but Stafford Springs had a real talented kid that year. The league had some solid players that year from Tolland, Granby, Avon, and East Windsor. East Windsor won Class S that season against Cromwell who had Salafia from Yale. Can’t believe that was 13 years ago.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Dayi

dating myself on this one but the 20007 season in the NCCC was pretty deep. Can’t for the life of me remember the kids name but Stafford Springs had a real talented kid that year. The league had some solid players that year from Tolland, Granby, Avon, and East Windsor. East Windsor won Class S that season against Cromwell who had Salafia from Yale. Can’t believe that was 13 years ago.

Yeah when I played in nccc Avon and Enfield were the class of the Conference. Enfield becuase they were by far the largest school. I believe they won a state title in the early to mid 2000s.

windsor locks won a title and East granby has one class that was absurd and got them to a state final.

ellington went on a run to the final before running into Pat Egan (whose cheap shot bs almost caused a brawl when my team played him.

Also Suffield had viggiano. Dude got every single call.

Reaction Score
Yeah when I played in nccc Avon and Enfield were the class of the Conference. Enfield becuase they were by far the largest school. I believe they won a state title in the early to mid 2000s.

windsor locks won a title and East granby has one class that was absurd and got them to a state final.

ellington went on a run to the final before running into Pat Egan (whose cheap shot bs almost caused a brawl when my team played him.

Also Suffield had viggiano. Dude got every single call.

Why was Enfield in the NCCC? Aren't they like the 3rd or 4th biggest high school in the state? Their enrollement has got to be 5x some of those tiny school like E. Granby

the Q

Reaction Score
Why was Enfield in the NCCC? Aren't they like the 3rd or 4th biggest high school in the state? Their enrollement has got to be 5x some of those tiny school like E. Granby

this was when enfield had 2 schools.

although I believe both were L sized.

the Q

Reaction Score

I sit here and I think, how bad was his defense?

But on the other hand, I ref middle school travel ball and middle school aged aau ball. I’d say 99% of the kids can’t even fathom the defensive shell yet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
this was when enfield had 2 schools.

although I believe both were L sized.
In my day Fermi was an L in the CCC East, Enfield High was tiny (early-mid2000s)

the Q

Reaction Score

It’s wild to me how these little towns do it.

Ellington here.

Tolland had a run In the early 2000s with trubia and McGinn (both huskies) for basbeall and susko was one of the most prolific football players in CT history.

Windsor locks in the mid 2000s churned out baseball studs with Quagliaroli and Giannuzi leading the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom