Matt Cross | The Boneyard

Matt Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Three high majors prioritizing 2020 wing Matt Cross

Said that Marquette, Penn State and UConn are the three schools that have prioritized him, specifically, “they’re just reaching out more than everyone else and trying to get me up to their schools." On UConn, he said "I just like that [Dan] Hurley plays all of his guys and their style of play I think fits mine."

6'6" 207 on 247, 6'6" 220 on Rivals

Ranked 198th on 247
Unranked on Rivals
NERR has him 6th in the 2020 New England Rankings

Highlights here: MATT CROSS: ‘18-‘19 MID-SEASON HIGHLIGHTS

Reaction Score
He's 198th, I doubt Hurley is banging down his door with two projected scholarships for that class.

Maybe he's a late riser and due for a big jump this summer. Getting in early is a good thing

Reaction Score
Best walk-on since... Akok! Kidding. I actually like his game. Saw mostly steals and outlet passes which is something we can definitely use in Hurley’s defense. Nice shot at 6’7” too.

Reaction Score
Shows a lot of skills, and I thought we were done with worrying about ratings, especially juniors. Seems everyone believed in Hurley's offers to Bouknight and Gaffney, so why knock this kid down? (B was 115 in August and is now at 76 and G was unrated and is now at 131 in Rivals ratings)

Remember Lecque? People here were wetting their pants over him. He peaked at 9 in August and now 247 has him at 31 and Rivals at 36. Does any of this mean anything once they get to school and start to play within the system that recruited them? We won't know until they play the game.

As the inimitable, indefatigable and unfailing Chief says, "trust the process."

C

Chief00

Chief has seen several of his games. The thing I like about him, that quite frankly you can’t teach, is his quick and smooth release both on the 3 line and elsewhere. Assuming he gets passes in his triple threat position, he will get shots off. He can also put the ball on the floor and overall is a very efficient player - doesn’t make sloppy plays.

#TrustTheProcess

Reaction Score
Cross is a very intriguing prospect that I was hoping Hurley would continue to target. High BBIQ, can play multiple positions due to size and ball handling ability, can shoot the ball from all levels. Coachable player every successful team needs, does the little things. I suggest watching him play before worrying about rankings.

C

Chief00

Cross is a very intriguing prospect that I was hoping Hurley would continue to target. High BBIQ, can play multiple positions due to size and ball handling ability, can shoot the ball from all levels. Coachable player every successful team needs, does the little things. I suggest watching him play before worrying about rankings.
True, that’s why we do the grind.

Reaction Score
He's that other "player" we never had but Notre Dame had who ate us up. Not flashy but smart, can shoot, well rounded and mixes it up he's well under the radar but fits the needs department for sure.

Exactly. Reminds me of Neil’s personally, with a little bit less of a 3 point stroke. Plays hard, tough, confident, and smart. Does all the small things that team players do. Perfect 3/stretch 4.

Reaction Score
No hops. Quick hands, good court awareness, good BB skills and can shoot the 3. I’ll take one of those all day long.

Reaction Score
I love Matt Cross. The scholarship situation is kinda tough but he is gonna be a really good 4 year player from some program. This tweet is just what we need right now. Pretty sure I have also seen instances where folks say he is built more like a UFC fighter than a basketball player

Reaction Score
I love Matt Cross. The scholarship situation is kinda tough but he is gonna be a really good 4 year player from some program. This tweet is just what we need right now. Pretty sure I have also seen instances where folks say he is built more like a UFC fighter than a basketball player

He’s not bulky, but he’s just strong/tough. Gets a good number of boards and assists. He’s like a utility player in baseball. Averaging around 17 PPG for Woodstock (Mitchell is in 19-20 PPG range). We’ll see how he looks for BABC, but I’m betting he does very well. Noah Collier plays both forward positions too, and I’d be happy with either of them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Haven't seen a Tom K reference in a few years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I've not seen anything on this kid except some chirping here a while back
If the kid can shoot the 3 and wants to get down and dirty on D he sounds like the kid some of us have been hoping for over the past 10 plus years but have only seen in glimpses (Giffs Sr yr)
I say - why not

Reaction Score

This confirms exactly what I’ve seen twice watching him and everything I’ve read. Anybody saying we don’t need someone outside of the top 150 needs to stop. This kid is exactly the type of player we need. At the very top of my wish list for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom