Matt Balis, UConn Football’s New Strength & Conditioning Coordinator (Des C) | The Boneyard

Matt Balis, UConn Football’s New Strength & Conditioning Coordinator (Des C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The theme I keep seeing in these articles/interviews is "starting over" or "starting from scratch". It speaks volumes about where the staff views the team at present.

Reaction Score
The theme I keep seeing in these articles/interviews is "starting over" or "starting from scratch". It speaks volumes about where the staff views the team at present.

It's bullspit. You see it all the time when a new guys shows up, not only in football but in business or the military. They all (well lots of 'em) think the world was invented the day they showed up. It speaks volumes about human ego.

Reaction Score
When you are new and most of the coaching staff is new - they are "starting over" or "starting from scratch " just based on principle no?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When you are new and most of the coaching staff is new - they are "starting over" or "starting from scratch " just based on principle no?

Yes and no. I mean you would assume that the players have a foundation of something to build on. They should have some idea of how to keep themselves in shape by this point. They are FBS-level athletes who, in many cases, have had several years of training under the watchful eye of FBS-level coaches. I would hope the players would have something for the new staff to build off of instead of feeling like there is nothing. When I hear "starting over" as much as I have in the last two months, it makes me think that the new staff feels like there isn't much there to build on and they must reinvent the players.

Reaction Score
Yes I think the previous regime still had the 80's handbook. We invented computers since then.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CTMike said:
The players. I stubbornly believe P recruited well but didn't have a clue how to get the most out of them. I'm excited to see what Diaco and Balis can do with them.

Lol, I guess that's true can't get rid of them. But, BD did say that the plan is to transform the bodies of the players to play at a higher level, so in a sense we'd be looking at new players.

Reaction Score
It's bullspit. You see it all the time when a new guys shows up, not only in football but in business or the military. They all (well lots of 'em) think the world was invented the day they showed up. It speaks volumes about human ego.

No spitting match here Pal...But you could not be more wrong. The players are being worked more detailed and intense than ever in the recent past and for the most part loving every bit of it ....My info is not from a coach.

I will not continue to bash Paul other than he could not even pick a QB. The smart kids on the team see these things.
Randy would be quoted in the press as " looking out my window I see so and so working hard not sure about -----". A good coach would make sure they all were working hard or make a change in who was leading them.

I think you are going to be impressed with the new crew beyond your negative vision on this one....

Reaction Score

It makes a hell of a lot more sense to say it when you're inheriting an organization that has failed . . .

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Excalibur said:
It makes a hell of a lot more sense to say it when you're inheriting an organization that has failed . . .

You'd have to crazy to imply such a thing coming off a conference championship and a dozen NFL player still on the roster.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that is the point.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Could be college food as well. Very easy to do. Although training as hard as they train it may be more difficult to keep it on than it is lose it.

I put on 3 pounds last week on a trip to China. Very proud of myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom